Looking for Logic 6 or 7

If it helps any, Logic 8 will also input Windows lso projects. I have a lot of stuff going back to V5.5 on Windows. Channel setups, etc., don't necessarily import correctly though, so you do have to spend some time fixing it up.

Haven't tried with Logic 9.

Sorry that I don't have an old copy for you, all my licensing has been via upgrades -- wouldn't be ethical.

Tom

If it helps any, Logic 8 will also input Windows lso projects.

Thanks for the tip, but my .lso files are truly ancient, and Logic Pro 8 won't read them, telling me to use Logic Pro 7.2 or earlier. I had Logic Gold 3.5, and I still have the dongle, but I have a bad feeling that when I recycled my old Environment manual that the CD was in there also :-(

You may find what you need here:

http://www.apple.com/support/emagic/

Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work out. On the Windows side, all the Logic downloads are upgrades, and I would have to have 5.5 already, in which case I probably would have just exported MIDI and suffered through restitching audio files.

On the Mac side, the installs demand an appropriate XSKey, which I guess is the Mac hardware dongle that Logic required in those days. My Logic Gold 3.5 dongle uses an old-school serial connector and wouldn't necessarily work with the Mac software even if it were possible to adapt it for connection to a USB cable.

I fear that I'm facing the necessity of buying somebody's old software or just kissing that old stuff good-bye and moving on. It's not as though I don't create way more raw material than I could ever work with, anyway ;-)