help me choose a logo design

blisslife

hey i have contest running at 99designs.com; I need help choosing which one would be a good choice. I started asking friends and family and quickly found out that they have a very different opinion then people in the audio industry. I would very much appreciate your recommendations. Each logo is numbered below. Thank you so much guys!

http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/branding-help-create-future-prodjproducts-37535?orderby=rating&filterby=noteliminated

Hi,

I'm a DJ/Producer and the exact demographic that this logo is aimed at.

208 is the only one that like but I think they all look a bit too "clean" and amateur.

I was going to use this site once but then figured that for an extra $150 I could get a pro to design it. I know you all ready payed but you have to remember that this logo will be the face of your company.

Sorry that this isn't much help. . .

I guess my final answer is I don't like any but if I had to pick then 208.

207 or 319.

and..holy crap..designers will do this kind of logo/branding work for $100-$600??? Talk about selling yourself short. sheeesh.

Some of this stuff is average, some is 'clip art', but some of it is REALLY really good and creative, espeically based on your lengthy description in the 'brief'.

sorry..but this kinda thing should cost $1500 or so.

what I'm also really curious about, is...how much MORE does it cost when you want them to deliver ancillary materials (TIFF's for printing cards/letterhead, etc.)..

or..for you whopping $200..do you get everything????

Sorry to be snarky, dude..I'm glad there are people willing to do pretty damn nice work for a stupid low amount of money, and we're all just trying to make a living...but it gripes my ass when people don't value their work enough.

And I mean that from BOTH sides..The designers should charge more, and the client should be willing to pay for that quality. It's the face of your company. It matters.

[ Rant Over ]

:)

Hi,

I'm a DJ/Producer and the exact demographic that this logo is aimed at.

208 is the only one that like but I think they all look a bit too "clean" and amateur.

I was going to use this site once but then figured that for an extra $150 I could get a pro to design it. I know you all ready payed but you have to remember that this logo will be the face of your company.

Sorry that this isn't much help. . .

I guess my final answer is I don't like any but if I had to pick then 208.

Thank you so much for your advice. I do appreciate it!

what I'm also really curious about, is...how much MORE does it cost when you want them to deliver ancillary materials (TIFF's for printing cards/letterhead, etc.)..

or..for you whopping $200..do you get everything????

Sorry to be snarky, dude..I'm glad there are people willing to do pretty damn nice work for a stupid low amount of money, and we're all just trying to make a living...but it gripes my ass when people don't value their work enough.

And I mean that from BOTH sides..The designers should charge more, and the client should be willing to pay for that quality. It's the face of your company. It matters.

[ Rant Over ]

:)

This is just the design. Materials are coming from another company. I own the design when I choose one from the competition. I think that they have a good business model though. They make some fantastic logo's.

It's an interesting business model, for sure. I'd be really curious as to why some people pull their designs from the 'competition'. Does the client reveal what their budget is before or after people start doing designs???

which logo did you finally go with?

It's an interesting business model, for sure. I'd be really curious as to why some people pull their designs from the 'competition'. Does the client reveal what their budget is before or after people start doing designs???

which logo did you finally go with?

The chosen design is up to the contest holder. I would find it interesting if they integrated some kind of voting model. The display price is setup before the contest is initiated. So all designers know how much they can make if they win the prize. The actual cost for me was $282 or $283 I cant remember. But the prize is $200. The rest of the money goes to 99designs and I added a couple things like a large font listing and bold and for my contest to be advertised to externals sites like sitepoint.com who owns 99designs.com

wow.. well...consider yourself really lucky to get a nice looking, pro design for that kinda $$. All the designers I've ever worked with would charge at least $1000 for a buyout design that's a company branding logo.

best of luck with the new business, btw!!! Go ye forth and DJ!

hey i have contest running at 99designs.com; I need help choosing which one would be a good choice. I started asking friends and family and quickly found out that they have a very different opinion then people in the audio industry. I would very much appreciate your recommendations. Each logo is numbered below. Thank you so much guys!

http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/branding-help-create-future-prodjproducts-37535?orderby=rating&filterby=noteliminated

yo homie, check out: http://www.nice-designs.com/

This isn't my site but i have dealt with them with graphics and i co-sign with them. There prices are affordable, they do amazing work and are extremely professional to work with.

Tell them Joey Jeff Productions sent ya...

This isn't my site but i have dealt with them with graphics and i co-sign with them. There prices are affordable, they do amazing work and are extremely professional to work with.

Hey Yes! Thank you! I might be able to use him for my flyers. Do you do design work too?

Hey Yes! Thank you! I might be able to use him for my flyers. Do you do design work too?

nope, i;m just a music producer from Philadelphia, PA. i'm awful at art/grapics/etc. Nice-Designs does a great job with all types of graphics just go to his website and submit a question. Like i said before, the company is extremely professional to work with and create amazing graphics.

Don't forget to drop my name in there, Joey Jeff Productions

• 10 months later...