Logic Pro Help: Viewing Images Tip!

ski

This should probably go in the Lounge, but I wanted lots of people to see it. :P

I discovered something this evening, and hopefully this isn't old news. OK... you know how large images show up in posts with a scroll bar, such as in this screenshot?

160972459_Screenshot2012-05-11at1_47_08AM.png.9d5170899b4106b11684ed50fd3db84d.png

Well, if you hold down OPTION and click on the image, the scroll bar disappears and the full image is shown in the post!

552504792_Screenshot2012-05-11at1_49_11AM.png.3a99442e630da3c1fa6935e3647fcb42.png

Try it out for yourself in this post. Pretty cool!

Wow - I thought everybody knew! But ... there's no need to hold option: just click the image to blow it up.

Thought so too! :shock:

And if you are on Lion you won't see any scroll bars.

Ceci n'est pas un scrollbar de Lion?

1518554920_pic2012-05-11at12_49_43.PNG.99ec199396cef67d5c53305e92257850.PNG

Non, c'est un screenshot d'un scrollbar de Lion!

On a side note: Lions' scrollbars are the lamest Mac OS scrollbars ever!

Wow - I thought everybody knew! But ... there's no need to hold option: just click the image to blow it up.

This is correct, I found it out immediately (by chance) after the new forum look update. Lots of the other forum look templates do not support such feature so it will be good idea to place some label, or hint about that.

This forum topic (started by the long forum user Ski) confirms that "hidden" feature.

Very cool tip!

Maybe someone will create an app that systematically clicks on the screen from left to right, and from top to bottom, for the purpose of locating "hidden features" :D

At any rate, the full size view is vertical but not horizontal. The right edge is truncated.

The right edge is truncated.

When the image is inline, that's correct. That's an issue we're aware of. A workaround to see the whole image is to right-click the image and choose "Open Image in New Tab".

When the image is not placed inline but is simply attached to the post, it's only truncated by the right edge of your browser window, which you can resize to see the whole image.

Glad ski brought this up. I too apparently missed the original announcement as I just learned about this nice feature.....

There was no announcement. We need to write a little "How to use the forum" tutorial! :D

How to use the Forum

a tutorial by Anonymous Bosch

1) Before you ask a "how do I do _____ in Logic" question, read the manual first, cuz wouldn't it be ironic if you posted that question and then someone answered it by pointing you to the relevant page in the manual? It happens quite often. (See also #2, below)

2) As excuses for not reading the manual go, "I'm not good at reading manuals, I'd prefer to get an answer on the forum" is not very good. Next time, try harder. Much harder.

3) Asking "how do I use ____?" will likely get you a response to your question quicker than

"how do I use ______???????!!!!?!?!???!?!?!???!?"

4) Every Logic user was a newbie at one time. Hey, we all have to start somewhere, and there's no shame in that. But outright declaring in your post that you're a newbie (i.e., "Logic newbie here, so please take it easy on me....") increases the odds of getting the ol' online newbie hazing by at least 50%. (See also #5 below).

5) Your chances of getting a newbie hazing can be reduced by at least 95% if, after you post a question, you actually follow the instructions posted in response by a fellow LPH member.

6) Once you've gotten the hang of the forum, be sure to address David as "Your Majesty". Moderators should be treated with the utmost respect and addressed as "Your Grace". And to view full-sized images embedded in a post, simply click on them to reveal their full size.

The right edge is truncated.

When the image is inline, that's correct. That's an issue we're aware of. A workaround to see the whole image is to right-click the image and choose "Open Image in New Tab".

Yes indeed!

That's good enough me. :D