MondoTunes digital distributors

tmavra

Hi,

I have no experience of mondotunes but, I've been asking around regarding digital distribution and AWAL have been recommended to me. I've done some research on them, and several other distributors, and they appear to be the closest fit to my needs. AWAL received high praise from a music lawyer I know well but, keep in mind, that is from his experience, and as a music lawyer he will likely receive the royal treatment.

I like their one-page 30 day rolling agreement and the fact that you don't pay any upfront fees unless you want extras. It means that they have to do their job to earn any money.

I'm curious to know why you have chosen mondotunes and how you think they compare with the other distributors?

Cheers.

• 2 months later...
they get your album on 750 online stores. one time fee per release and they don't take a commission. I'm just having a hard time finding customer reviews other than the ones their site.

hi tmavra,

going through the same process now, and although mondo's site looks really promising, there still doesn't seem to be many reviews out there...

Did you end up using them? If so, how was your experience? If not, what rout did you go, and were you happy with the service you got?

• 2 weeks later...

We signed up with them and the guys there have been great. The one concern we initially had was with their accounting and reporting. They were doing it quarterly which was their one setback however they've since changed it to monthly and I think that puts them ahead of others in terms of value. So far so good for us and we're uploading our second album next month with them.

Best of luck

• 6 years later...
Hi Everyone, so I know this is a super old forum posting, but I did want to address that MondoTunes is now Octiive. We have actually fixed and updated quite a bit since this was posted, including a pay as you go plan for distribution to better meet the needs of our members. Love for you to check it out at www.octiive.com. Thanks for any who gave us positive reviews here and we have some exciting things down the pipeline, so I hope members give us a chance :)