1-click Core Audio reset

skylark

I find that resetting Core Audio is the answer to a lot of audio ills (a procedure that is even more of an inconvenience in LogicPro X than in 9).

I now reset Core Audio whenever I go from any other application that handles audio to Logic (which is rather often). I suspect more than a few of us benefit from frequent resets. The procedure requires one to Click LogicPro X in the menu, Scroll down to Preferences, Scroll down/over to Audio, Click Audio, find the Core Audio click box, Click to unable, Click again to enable, Click Apply Changes, Click to close the Preferences window...

How about a button in the TOOL BAR to handle the whole procedure with a single click?

The procedure requires one to Click LogicPro X in the menu, Scroll down to Preferences, Scroll down/over to Audio, Click Audio, find the Core Audio click box, Click to unable, Click again to enable, Click Apply Changes, Click to close the Preferences window...

You could simplify this procedure a bit by using the key command to open the preferences window (Command-,), and closing out of the window (Command-W) instead of clicking "Apply Changes" (closing the window applies the change).

J.

• 4 years later...
I could, likewise, benefit from this capability. Simply opening Audio with a key command (I use Shift-9) and then closing it with a key command (Command-W) doesn't do the trick. You still have to unselect and reselect the Enable radio button (at least in my case--I'm using a TC Electronic Impact Twin). I wish there was a way to automate this with one click or one key command. Maybe AppleScript? I often power my interface off and then back on again without closing Logic Pro, and it always requires that I open Audio, unselect/reselect enable, and then Apply Changes to get Logic to use the interface again once I've turned it back on.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

This little Applescript does exactly what you want. I use command-[ to open the audio preferences, so replace that with the key command you are using.

Trigger the Applescript however you want, I have an iPad with Lemur to handle these things.

tell application "Logic Pro X"

activate

tell application "System Events"

tell process "Logic Pro X"

keystroke "[" using command down

click radio button 1 of tab group 1 of window 1

click checkbox "Enabled" of tab group 1 of window 1

click checkbox "Enabled" of tab group 1 of window 1

click button "Apply Changes" of tab group 1 of window 1

keystroke "w" using command down

end tell

end tell