Peer to Peer recording in Logic

cfrench007

Looks like Cubase has a nice program that allows for peer to peer recording within its DAW. Is there something like this for Logic or is someone working on something like this for the future? PLEASE !! I'm dying to get my hands on something like this since my band mates are in different states and different countries now. Here is a video:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/vst/vst_connect/vst_connect_pro.html

• 3 weeks later...

Collaborate in the cloud

Independent artists and musicians often create their best work when they collaborate. For studio- and facility-based music and audio pros, collaboration is a must as the creative process becomes less centralized and projects move across multiple rooms, studios, and time zones. Of course, this poses a challenge when long distances separate you from other collaborators.

To connect you with talent and help you collaborate easier than ever before, we’re developing new cloud-based collaboration tools for Pro Tools. This will enable you and other Pro Tools users to work together on the same music session or soundtrack—in real time or offline—no matter where you all are across the world.

With built-in “community” features, you can create groups of collaborators, see who’s online and available, and send invites for one or more people to contribute to a session. Or expand your talent pool by finding other collaborators through a Pro Tools directory.

Collaborate the way you want

With track-based collaboration, you’ll be able to:

Post sessions to cloud storage and invite others to collaborate

Work on the same session at the same time or offline and share updates directly within Pro Tools

Record, edit, and mix tracks that will be pushed to all other collaborators upon completion

Automatically keep track of all contributions and changes, as files are automatically tagged with rich metadata

Stream mixes to a mobile device for real-time review and approval

Communicate with collaborators through text or video chat directly from within Pro Tools

Store and archive your work locally or in the cloud

There are times when you may need to revisit past projects to create a remix, repurpose session stems, or even remaster a song. To ensure that you maintain access to all parts of your project, we’re working on a new audio archival service that will enable you to store content and track it using encapsulated metadata. This technology is being designed so that assets can be accessed and played further down the line, even if technologies change or are unavailable—no matter how far out in the future you resurrect them.

You’ll be able to archive a simple stereo mix, the full session, individual stems, or even flatten all tracks so that the original plug-ins used to create them aren’t required.

In addition, we’re developing a new cloud storage service that will enable you to house archived sessions and files, plus all of the sessions, stems, and stereo mixes you make available to sell in the marketplace, making your files easily accessible from everywhere.

• 3 years later...
give this one a bump. My bandies and I are working on projects and WeTransferring them around like crazy. To a point where we are unsure what version one is sending to the other, and working on wrong versions. I came across Splice, https://splice.com, does any of you have experience with this platform? And, this topic is 3 years old, maybe some other possibilities popped up? Please lemmeno, advice is very welcome!

give this one a bump. My bandies and I are working on projects and WeTransferring them around like crazy. To a point where we are unsure what version one is sending to the other, and working on wrong versions. I came across Splice, https://splice.com, does any of you have experience with this platform? And, this topic is 3 years old, maybe some other possibilities popped up? Please lemmeno, advice is very welcome!

Have you tried having one project in dropbox and then just messaging each other when someone's working on it? That has worked for me in the past

Edit: just checked out Splice, that s#!+ looks legit. Might look into this

• 3 weeks later...
we have been working with Splice now for a month or so and i have to say that I am impressed. We still have to tell each other who's working on what, because if 2 people get version A off the site and both make changes it will result in a version B and a version C. These 2 cannot be combined. Other than that, perfect solution.