Re-install Chord Analysis Feature in LP X 10

skel

I used Logic Pro for many years and found the App to be user-friendly with a large number of tools and features that significantly and professionally speed up my work. Two of these feature in LP 9 were the Chord Analyzer in Global Tracks Configuration and the Link on the Audio Channel strips when opened as a independent window (- can be linked with other windows on different monitors).

It's been a big inconvenience and a set back for users like me who use/depend on these features on a regular basis to speed up my work-flow when writing numerous score sheets requiring analyzed chords. I think those features would add to the improvement of LP X; so I would like to plead to the Writers of Logic LP X to please consider reinstalling these features in LP 10 and beyond, unless they are replaced with better tools that do that type of work.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Skel.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Why remove that feature ?????????? Put it back !

Because that feature was the source of long standing bugs that were causing pain for too many users: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=site%3Alogicprohelp.com%20midi%20region%20transposed

For that reason, I doubt that feature will be back.

My first track in Logic is a legato chord track.. I use it to analyze chords, sometimes incorporate into other apps to process and evolve melodic, or harmonic content, and import back to Logic

Use analyze chords it to read chords, so you can easily print chord symbols into score.. or into region markers. but disable, the stupid permanent transpose feature which never worked correctly.. ..That really was a huge headache, and never worked as implied.Cause once you selected that, you screwed up all notes, by transposing them permanently.

If you really need analyze chords to play Apple loops, go get garage band or Ableton.. that's just so cheezy

• 1 year later...
I used Logic Pro for many years and found the App to be user-friendly with a large number of tools and features that significantly and professionally speed up my work. Two of these feature in LP 9 were the Chord Analyzer in Global Tracks Configuration and the Link on the Audio Channel strips when opened as a independent window (- can be linked with other windows on different monitors).

It's been a big inconvenience and a set back for users like me who use/depend on these features on a regular basis to speed up my work-flow when writing numerous score sheets requiring analyzed chords. I think those features would add to the improvement of LP X; so I would like to plead to the Writers of Logic LP X to please consider reinstalling these features in LP 10 and beyond, unless they are replaced with better tools that do that type of work.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Skel.

Chord analysis is not hard. The 3rd and the 7th define a chord quality, everything else is icing on the cake, 9th 11th 13th.