Here another mockup regarding "crowded" interface with my previous suggestions
There could be another bunch of Key Commands in a key command section called "Track Visibility"
The interface could get another button to open/close an inspector on the left.
This inspector should mirror:
- tracks/ track stacks/global tracks?
- track selection
- show/hide dot (icon?) to show hide tracks
- show//hide should be optionally reflected in the mixer
- select tracks contiguous via shift or non contiguous via command key when you click the show/hide icon (dot) selected tracks show/hide
in the tracks area
- inherits a search field on top which is reachable via a global customizable key command i.e. command+option+F
- when you input a search criteria like "perc" it filters down the track list only showing tracks based on criteria
And here an idea how this could work in action. Nevermind the GUI/ program you are seeing here its just about the workflow.