What do you hope or want what will happen in the new Logic X Update?

itssofly

Hello  Logic X Users.

What do you think what for new features/GUI(Retina Display) are coming to the new Logic X Update?

I hope new EXS24 Sampler like better display and a Pitch Update for al the pitch possibilities And Flex Pitch.

What do you hope? let me know.

Friendly Greetings.

• 2 weeks later...

- articulation editor

- AU v3 for more midi channels per instrument object

- unlimited audio/instrument/aux tracks

- 128 or 256 busses or even unlimited 

- flexible routing from track to track

• allow direct routing without using busses
  • allow side chain routing from instrument tracks without needing busses/auxes 

- broader bounce in place options like 

• bouncing up to a certain plugin
  • bounce multiple vertical regions to single tracks (stpro)
  • bounce with send fx

- realtime fades

- no overlap feature extension where marquee selection behaves like a region when editing

- articulation editor

- AU v3 for more midi channels per instrument object

- unlimited audio/instrument/aux tracks

- 128 or 256 busses or even unlimited 

- flexible routing from track to track

• allow direct routing without using busses
  • allow side chain routing from instrument tracks without needing busses/auxes 

- broader bounce in place options like 

• bouncing up to a certain plugin
  • bounce multiple vertical regions to single tracks (stpro)
  • bounce with send fx

- realtime fades

- no overlap feature extension where marquee selection behaves like a region when editing

+10 for the - flexible routing from track to track and a +10 for the Realtime Fades

• 5 months later...

Option to Bounce an instrument region in place and have rendered audio appear and play back in the same instrument track. That way you lessen cpu load without creating an additional audio track in the arrange window.

Also, have a check box to enable flex on the rendered audio region so it can follow tempo chances without having to render again. Then have an option to rerender all rendered midi regions in case drastic tempo changes are made and when you are ready to mix down.

Alternatively I could see this as a "freeze regions" option. Instead of freezing an entire track, it freezes only selected regions. Again, it would be convenient if the frozen regions could follow tempo changes up to a certain point without having to render again.

• 4 weeks later...

'marker playlists arrangement', whereby you structure a song using markers and then have a column list of said markers on the side of the page where you can rearrange and try verses in different places, and this is all reflected in the main arrangement page. 

Most other DAWs do. Its so useful to song structuring, I just don't get why its not here? 

This is a small detail but an important one for musicians who use Logic Pro X every day.  I loved the darker look of Logic 10.2 and immediately reverted back to that version after updating to version 10.3.  Version 10.3 is actually far less intuitive to use for many musicians with its brighter look, use of flat icons of and the overall impression is that it looks a bit 'dinky' and gets in the way of the music flow when working.  For example the mixer looks less clear and confusing with the brighter look.  So I would like to see the user option to have a darker overall GUI like version 10.2.  As you can see from the links below, many other musicians feel the same way...

https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=130458

https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=129146&start=220

• No lag GUI when opening various windows 
  • Updated EXS24, Ultrabeat and all the other old Logic plugin UIs
  • Scaleable Mixer like what Cubase just got 
  • Fast automation like in Ableton
  • Audio Effect Racks like in Ableton, something similar to or better than
  • The new Percussion drummers that GarageBand got, and possibly new drummers!
  • Garageband's Live Loops or a better, more mature version of it
  • Summing Tracks within Summing Tracks

• 3 weeks later...

+1

• No lag GUI when opening various windows 
  • Updated EXS24, Ultrabeat and all the other old Logic plugin UIs
  • Scaleable Mixer like what Cubase just got 
  • Fast automation like in Ableton
  • Audio Effect Racks like in Ableton, something similar to or better than
  • The new Percussion drummers that GarageBand got, and possibly new drummers!
  • Garageband's Live Loops or a better, more mature version of it
  • Summing Tracks within Summing Tracks

* Batch fades

it's not exactly a 'batch fade' but just double checking you're aware of the ability to add fades to multiple audio files via the region info pane rather than the fade tool - 

a quick gif here: 

[attachment=0]3YtjfQN.gif[/attachment]

Number 1 on my list (since forever now) would be a UI update to the environment window

Number 2 while I'm dreaming basic autocomplete in the scripter editor

no

What i want to say , You can use pre-save / load with pro tools batch fades, It is developing very slowly on these issues. Pro tools introduced dolby atmos mix. i think Logic is just midi and should not stay on the live mode main stage side. ok logic is best MIDI platform but, The audio side is growing too slowly..

http://dt7v1i9vyp3mf.cloudfront.net/styles/news_large/s3/imagelibrary/P/PT_04_16_04B.jpg?_4hl21c3i2cdOil_6QygCbPMO3YfUyQI=&itok=cKQUDU9_

• 2 weeks later...
* Batch fades

* 32 bit float Bounce menu

* Hide region Name

* Realtime all fade operation

* Region gain automation without fader automation

Region gain automation without fader automation.

Yes that will be cool,it works also with the gain plugin from logic, but Region gain automation without fader automation is better :P

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

- Waveform preview for Track Stacks (can just show audio from one of the nested tracks to avoid CPU overhead for mix down)

- Editing of frozen tracks. Acts like a 'bounce in place' that is grouped to the original track so cuts/moves/copies happen to the bounce and original. (useful for collaboration with others who don't share same plugins. They can edit the frozen tracks which can be later unfrozen with edits intact)

- Plugin search/filter. Like the way typing a few characters filters the list in Launch Pad.

- EXS24 overhaul. Updated UI. Waveform displays in the editor.

- Multiple oversampling modes for all relevant plugins.

- Updated graphics for the Environment. In 2017 analog synths are still kicking ass over plugins but I don't want to feel like I'm using Notator to control them.

• 3 weeks later...
I would like to see a better file browser all together. Also a feature where we can right click audio files in the browser and automatically create an exs instrument from it. Sort of like studio one,ableton, fl studio and cubase have. That would save a lot of time especially when dealing with lots of 3rd party drum samples.