SLIP MODE!

Lazy M Beats

Apple, 

Thanks for the 10.3 update!

The audio feature where you can see the greyed out area of audio you aren't using is great.  You know what would be a great feature to supplement that?

AUDIO SLIP MODE!

Can I get an Amen? 

Can we please BUMP the hell out of this to get a slip mode in the next update?!

If someone can prove me a fool and they released a slip mode update already (not the weird SMPTE work around which i have never used successfully) please make me one!

• 1 month later...

I am 1000 percent with you on that. You know what. When I started using Logic 10.3.1 I thought that they've finally implemented a slip tool just to find out that the symbol that for me intuitively looks like slip mode is actually the fade curve tool. The new face lift of logic included a lot of tool icon updates and that was one of them.

So please you brave geniuses outta Rellingen please add slip editing in the tracks area and the track editor.

• 5 months later...

Slip editing should work on Audio and Midi regions

Here is a possible way how a user could SLIP edit once the feature is available:

- user trims region start and/or end

- place arrow tool over trimmed region

- hold down option + command keys

- click + drag arrow tool left or right

region content will slip into dragged direction

- thanks to the new 10.3 region ghost content feature the user can always see how far to the left or right the option+command drag works

Edited by sambosun

Chiming in just to let you know/remind that this is not *Apple's* feature request platform? There's no guarantees they'll read these hopes, dreams and feature requests here. Please make sure you send this same request thru the actual Apple Logic feedback page: https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html!

Correct. But I use this as a hub and then send a link to my feature requests. You know why?

Because some feature requests are extensively supported by images, gifs or video and sometimes provoke discussions or user interaction to put it into context.

That way it's easier to then motivate others to send their statement or a link via the feedback platform. It's more efficient

Also the feedback form Apple provides has a limit on how many words you can use to describe a feature.