Alternative Tracks Arrangements

hmowday

I'm not sure if other DAW"S do this, BUT......

I would love to be able to have a set amount of VI's for say a project locked (Orchestra for example) then the ability to switch entirely different arrangement/track set ups.

I realise that track alternatives can do this, but that still is only for ONE track and doesn't take into account tempo changes, or meter etc.

Imagine a setup where you can quickly switch between entirely different arrangements (with set VI's etc) and compare "cues".

I realise we have "Project alternatives" but of course every time you do a new alternative Logic reloads the VI's and it actually is a pain to have more than one "heavy" project open at the same time. 

What do you all think? Does anyone know of a DAW that does this?

I guess one can use this with a bidule setup but I hate that workflow personally.

That’s why I use Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 (vep). I understand that you would like to have a logic native solution. 

The only daw that I know off offering that is digital performer. There you can use v-racks to host instruments and busses with fx. In your project you can create multiple sequences and use the v-racks without reloading every time you switch to a different sequence. That’s the theory so far. 

As I don’t work with digital performer I don’t know how reliable this concept works. 

VEP is the only game in town which enables you to host instruments like Kontakt, play, omnisphere etc outside of logic and switch seamlessly between your logic projects without re loading the big sample libraries every time when switching between cues.