Duplicate/Repeat Audio region/samples snapping perfectly 100% into grid

itssofly

Very often if you duplicate/repeat a audio region it goes wrong it will not be 100 perfectly on the grid. The more you repeat the more is goes wrong and out of the grid.

What seems cool to me is a perfectly repeat.duplicate snapping feature without the marquee tool that always when you duplicate /repeat an audio region it will be into the grid and not out the grid.

1826091423_Schermafbeelding2017-11-18om17_41_31.thumb.png.27154f7f23178306d3a0ae9e32ed0a72.png

26840254_Schermafbeelding2017-11-18om17_41_52.thumb.png.a1a5f74e39f40296fa82def554df8c89.png

Try to set the adjustment to division or beat?

logic-004.png

Does it works with the repeat region/events as well? I try it with the Snap pop-up menu on beat and then repeat region/events but that doesn't works unfortunately :cry:

I am talking about the "adjustment" pop-up menu inside the dialog you get after choosing Edit > Repeat Multiple.

Does it works with the repeat region/events as well? I try it with the Snap pop-up menu on beat and then repeat region/events but that doesn't works unfortunately :cry:

I am talking about the "adjustment" pop-up menu inside the dialog you get after choosing Edit > Repeat Multiple.

Yes that works fine :D

But very often I use repeat without multiple because it works fast only the pop-up menu doesn't works with the Repeat regions/events above by the toolbar. Thats what i searching for.

1953749398_Repeatpop.png.69c3c7c994aaf5f01cd7be8a34ac76eb.png

I cannot reproduce this.... I suspect that either the start or ending of the initial region is not exactly on the bar.

check that and see if it is in fact an issue, if not.... zip your project and upload it for us to see what could be happening....

check the region length in the event list ( see if it is a multiple of a bar and that there is no period after the last number ( ticks ).

I cannot reproduce this.... I suspect that either the start or ending of the initial region is not exactly on the bar.

check that and see if it is in fact an issue, if not.... zip your project and upload it for us to see what could be happening....

check the region length in the event list ( see if it is a multiple of a bar and that there is no period after the last number ( ticks ).

Yes the ending of the region/audio sample is mostly not exactly on the bar what gives the problem. And a lot samples are not exactly on the bar si there is always a problem.

I never use the event list :oops: Can you explain more about the multiple and period after last number (ticks) etc :oops:

Isn't it easier to just loop that part?

If you have a Folder or Midi region it's lot easier to loop it or for the Audio region/samples to loop it with marquee tool,

But it also seems useful to me to use the repeat region/events but that is not possible now unfortunately, only with the repeat region/events multiple time. Thats why this feature request.

• 1 month later...