Clip Gain for LPX

stpro

• 3 weeks later...
Yes there is, but the logic improves audio features slowly, in terms of workflow, you need to be able to do it on the region like protools. but logic can not do it on the region right now, need to apply on inspector side or region float window.

Yes there is, but the logic improves audio features slowly, in terms of workflow, you need to be able to do it on the region like protools. but logic can not do it on the region right now, need to apply on inspector side or region float window.

Have you tried the Selection-base Processing, which is more flexible than a single region approach and also more versatile?

• 3 months later...

If you have Keyboard Maestro, you can use these macro's to change the gain with keyboard shortcuts triggering an Applescript.

I have [ and ] assigned to increase and decrease clip gain by 1 decibel. You could expand this by adding extra macro's that change gain by more decibels.

Applescripts:

-- Increase Gain by 1 Decibel --

tell application "Logic Pro X"

set main_window to 1

tell application "System Events"

tell process "Logic Pro X"

if (UI elements of window 1) = {} then set main_window to 2

tell row 8 of outline 1 of scroll area 1 of group 1 of list 1 of group 2 of window main_window

set x to (get value of slider 1)

set value of slider 1 to (x + 10)

end tell

end tell

end tell

end tell

-- Decrease Gain by 1 Decibel --

tell application "Logic Pro X"

set main_window to 1

if (UI elements of window 1) = {} then set main_window to 2

tell row 8 of outline 1 of scroll area 1 of group 1 of list 1 of group 2 of window main_window

set value of slider 1 to (x - 10)

end tell

end tell

end tell

end tell

Update: this script checks if the Toolbar is open:

tell application "Logic Pro X 10.3.0"

set tracks_window to title of first window whose title contains "- Tracks"

if (description of group 1 of window tracks_window = "Control Bar") then

set group_nr to 2

else

set group_nr to 1

end if

tell row 8 of outline 1 of scroll area 1 of group 1 of list 1 of group group_nr of window tracks_window

set value of slider 1 to (x + 10)

end tell

UI elements of group 2 of window 2

end tell

end tell

end tell

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know if this is brand new to 10.4.2, but I'm using region based gain adjustments and I LOVE IT! I don't think you can slide it up and down in the region, but I have found 2 ways to set/change the region gain. 1 is in the region inspector (@spekerfood, nice hack with the apple script) where you can enter a positive or negative number to adjust relative gain, but even more useful for me is the command "Normalize Region Gain..." which I have set to Command-Shift-G via the Key Commands window. Don't let the "Normalize" fool you. This is much more useful than just setting the highest peak to 0. Of course you can peak normalize, but set the max peak level to anything you want. But even better, and far more useful IMHO, is the loudness normalization. And you can do groups of tracks or regions together, either as a cumulative loudness (I believe this keeps the relationships intact as far as comparative loudness between selected regions or tracks) or individual loudness which will process each track or region on it's own. So, if I get an electric guitar track that was recorded ridiculously low, and you can't even see any waveform in the waveform overview, now just set the loudness to say -24 LUFS and poof, now it's like a perfectly recorded track. No more need to do destructive gain edits in the sample editor for the same result. If using the loudness operation, just be careful to monitor your peaks if you go above 0 and set a limiter.

• 4 weeks later...
Update: this script checks if the Toolbar is open:

Speakerfood, how do you know the names of the areas to be checked by this script ? Is there a list or something ?

The key command "Bounce..." always bounces Output 1-2. I want it to click the actual bounce button in the inspector's bottom right, thus bouncing what I actually want (any output except 1-2, and maybe mono, even). Therefore I need to tell Applescript the name of this element which we mere humans identify as "the Bounce button". If only I knew that...

Thanks

Christian

I use the UIElement Inspector to see what the element is. The Applescript command "UI Elements" lists the child elements of an UI Element.

Not easy, but doable.

Here's the Applescript that clicks the bounce button:

set tracks_window to title of first window whose title contains "- Tracks"

if (description of group 1 of window tracks_window = "Control Bar") then

set group_nr to 2

else

set group_nr to 1

end if

tell button "Bounce" of group 2 of list 1 of list 1 of group group_nr of window tracks_window

click

end tell

end tell

end tell

end tell