Let us route track-outputs and sends directly to AUX channels

logness

The limit of 127 busses, or 8 sends is just an artificial design decision which the creators logic have chosen when the designed the logic mixer as an emulation of an ancient hardware console. This boundaries can be exceeded if the developers wants it. The GUI could be overworked that you have an instant and neat overview of how the channels are connected.

In my proposal every-time you create a connection between an output/send and a AUX, a virtual bus is created. You don't have to give it a number, and remember it, you don't see it, because it's unimportant, its irrelevant, you only choose the destination. Let the DAW handle the difficulties. You never have to think about busses, and I'm pretty sure you will never miss them, once you get used to it.

In my workflow, i just use a lot of nested groups, Overheads -> Drums -> Drum-Percussion Stem -> Output etc..., with busses this can get confusing very quickly.

If this doesn't convince you, fine, my proposal was to extend the options, if you want still work with buses, fine, do it.

• 2 months later...

It's interesting to note that what you suggest is already the design used for the Output busses in Logic: you choose your output directly from the output slot, you don't choose a bus that is then routed to an Output channel strip. So the idea has merit.

It does have its limits though as FuzzFilth pointed out: what if you want a routing scheme with 8 parallel Aux channel strips processing the audio on the same bus. It then makes much more sense to send to only one bus that all those Auxes can receive, than to have to use 8 sends for each track.

Perhaps some form of hybrid solution could be found: direct Aux routing, AND still the possibility to use a bus.

• 4 months later...