Organize your channel strips. Who wants this?

3ple

I always struggled with unorganized channel strips. I like everything to be nice and clean so right before I start mixing, I like to delete all plugins that I'm not using, moving them up, etc.

I created this mockup that I think would be useful for us.

Basically when I refer to "inactive plugins" I mean plugins that are turned off (grey, instead of blue), regardless of having automation or not assigned to them.

The "unused plugins" reffers to the ones that are off AND have no automation assigned to them. So if there are 5 plugins that are off, but 2 have automation assigned to them, only 3 plugins would be deleted.

The "move plugins up", means that all plugins would move up to use the empty available slots.

All these tasks could be done only on the selected channel strips or all across the mixer (all channel strips)

Hope it makes sense :) Let me know what you guys think

3ple-channel-strip-clean-up.jpg.b349a583d44f60813b381fe0c692e02c.jpg

Interesting feature indeed.

Perhaps adding a Clean up command which could do both, delete the unused plugins and move up the stack of the remaining used plugins.

However, I can foresee bug reports flowing in...

That could be another option to simplify the steps.

As long as we would have the option to clean up the channel strips to save time, I would be a happier man haha

• 8 months later...
Man..... this will mean Heaven for me .. is this real ? or a photoshop edit ? I will even pay for that Update ¡ only for this.

I photoshopped it just to show it properly instead of describing it. :) I wish they would implement it, tough. I spend a lot of time organizing my channel strips.

They could implement this or make the channel strips organize themselves when you delete plugins so we wouldn’t have empty slots at all. That would save even more time ;)