Export File Name per Note

Nogan

When exporting audio files in logic, users are given the following options seen here: 2128999836_ScreenShot2018-11-03at4_34_10PM.thumb.png.e3560ccaf3faa5cf0a5a98014f0e4d72.png

I think it would be very useful to add an Element which increments by note, not just number.

You would start at a user specified value and be able to pick the sampling frequency.

Here are a few examples:

If I have sampled 5 notes of a piano - starting at the lowest C and moving up an octave and a half each following note:

Start at note C0, increment every 18 notes.

Piano_C0

Piano_F#1

Piano_C3

Piano_F#4

Piano_C6

Until the user has reached the end of the samples.

------

I know this one may not be particularly useful, as often you will sample far more notes on a grand piano, but this is just one example to help visualize. Lets try another.

------

If I have sampled a soprano recorder with only a recording for each of the fully covered holes and combinations of such that produce one target note of the chromatic scale:

(Aka walk up the chromatic scale)

Start at C4, increment each note chromatically until the user has reached the end of the samples (D5)

Recorder - C4

Recorder - C#4

Recorder - D4

Recorder - D#4

Recorder - E4

Recorder - F4

Recorder - F#4

Recorder - G4

Recorder - G#4

Recorder - A4

Recorder - A#4

Recorder - B4

Recorder - C5

Recorder - C#5

Recorder - D5

------

Since I was recording chromatically, my increment would be 1, which also may be a safe default for this Element

------

As one may see, once you start to work with a larger pool of samples it becomes significantly more time consuming to have to type out each note name. If there was an option to bounce out each file by its note value with some simple controls, this would save the user a lot of effort, time, and potential mistakes make from the endless procedure of renaming files.

This is sort of what I was picturing in my head but would be very curious to see what you all think of: 2.thumb.png.08771354a21bbf3e3fd67d7998839e02.png

I definitely want to see something like this at least while we patiently wait for the devs to put the AutoSampler from Mainstage into logic ;)

EDIT: (I apologize for not including a starting note in my mockup)

Logic Pro Development Team Super Bonus Points: This is a little bit further out there, but in the same way that there is sort of transient detection with things such as the remove silence function, it would be marvelous to see a function in the arrangement view which could detect the root note of a particular audio segment and then do something like rename inline (Or hey if you wanna put in other things that would be cool too).

I know you guys already have the algorithms and some of the tech in place (Flex Pitch, Pitch Correction, Tuner, etc.) so this would be a fantastic *Addition* to the above request. I say addition, because in events where the algorithm cannot properly detect the pitch or does not provide the specific pitch that the user is looking for, the user would again have to resort to a mass renaming of files. In this scenario where the user has already sorted the audio segments, it would not be particularly more painful to just use a Note Name exporting process. Just a little bit of a bonus if they could though :)