I *really* want my zoom functions back!

Sascha Franck

GRRR!!!

There's plenty of things in LPX that I found to be better in previous versions. But I'm getting away with it. At least there's other things sort of compensating for some headaches.

But the zoom issues are really driving me nuts EVERY SINGLE MINUTE I'm working with Logic. It's about two habits I seem to have developed over, well, around 2 decades of using the program.

1) Zooming in one window, switching between screensets and then continuing with the zoom business as if nothing has happened. Broken. Completely. Logic is simply deleting all saved zoom snapshots when you switch screensets. Ok, at first, when I was still organizing my LPX workspace, plugins and what not, I thought like "Well, let's have a look whether I'm really making use of the combination of zooming and screenset switching all too often - perhaps there's a workaround for it". Now that I'm actually trying to get some work done, I can safely say that I *am* using this a lot (in various scenarios, I could obviously post examples...). No, not a lot. I'm using it all the time! And it's simply driving me nuts that the zoom snapshot memory is completely broken. Fwiw, it's sometimes also deleted without switching screensets, just haven't found a reproduceable pattern so far.

2) Zooming in vertically/horizontally only in the piano roll (using the zoom tool). Again, when I stumbled over this horrible bug, I thought "hm, maybe I'm not using it that often after all" (you really don't remember such unconscious things). But well, I *am*. All the time.

So, there you have it. Two things COMPLETELY driving me mad. Dealbreakers. Showstopper alert.

Boy-oh-boy, have I praised Logic for a few things in the past. One of them being the most f***ing awsome zoom options that no other sequencer even got close to.

And now they just mess it up.

Fwiw, how is that possible? Don't they take their betatesters serious anymore (it seems completely impossible that this slipped under any betatesters radar)? All too apparently. You just don't mess things up like this.

Or hm, maybe is it because I have an alien workflow in Logic? I mean, I haven't read about this bug much on the web - but for me it's quite an essential one.

Anyway, I almost threw my computer outta the window a few minutes before... feels a little better after venting. But really just a little.