More Details for the Performance CPU meter ¡

jimdilian

More Detail Performance CPU meter ¡ like.. the Reaper one.. that shows.. other daws have a more CPU details for that..

and the option to have always by CORE.. and "threads" in the "Control Bar" at leats like when youj double click the cpu metter and opens up a deatached mini window.. but in the "Control Bar"..110229677-FX-Master-Track.png.9cde7c0b3503d2c08aadec83ea7220c0.png239072199_ScreenShot2019-03-19at7_42_56AM.png.d60330487eed299b24283da16e491522.pngREAPER_performance.png.1a48dbe36326570ed21b83eaf137e081.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

totally agree. I sometimes seem to get a few instruments running on only two cores, then they overload.. On another day, the load seems evenly dispersed among all the cores. I also wish Activity monitor was more precise. Invaribly when Logic starts bogging down to a stop. Activity monitor just says 'kernel task' running at 150% to more.

Apple should force all 3rd party developers, and themselves. to have process labelled (or able to look up). Cause a huge amount of them, you have no idea of what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Many times, you have to look beyond Logic's Performance CPU meter. I've occasionally got un-named 'kernel tasks' that completely take over CPU. Yet the 'kernel task message offers no indication of the offending process.

I also think Apple should force any 3rd party app, to make their subroutines identifiable.. So you can get to the bottom of the problem. I had kernel tasks taking 1100%. Never knew it went that high. 3rd tier Logic techs, looked at my cpu logs, told me to delete 'native access', clean my mac, and a number of other so called 'essential processes'. Every company and their brother sneaks these little sub-routines in, till your computer is bogged down, doing unnecessary 'housework'.

I cannot afford to have one computer only for Logic Pro. Hence I need a number of apps.