change the default UGLY green ¡

jimdilian

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t disagree, submit a feature request to Apple. In the meantime you can get lpxcolorizer. I agree $40 is kind of a lot. I paid less then that for it.

You can also try editing the color related plist files yourself and accomplish the same thing but I don’t know offhand which values relate to region colors.

I have a free script I made and it’s on GitHub, that you can use to change the colors of the color palette which will change the regions. I have to search for it later.

The only thing I use LPXColorizer for...and I'm glad I can, but I agree its not worth $40....is managing the color palette, which I previously was doing a bit with my own script (see below)...but LPXColorizer is better and easier to do it. The other thing is I use it to change my piano roll to be a little bit darker... Logic only lets you use bright or dark...at both extremes, so with LPX Colorizer I make the piano roll a bit in between. I think maybe I'm using a couple other very slight tweaks.. my LogicPro window looks pretty standard...but a few blues are less bright and things like that... subtle. In general I'm not a fan of big crazy themes...just a bit of subtle correction to Apple's factory theme is actually about right...

Here is the script I made a while back to tweak the color palette. Once you tweak the color palette, then all the regions will follow your color palette, so if you m are sure to get rid of bright green from the color palette, then you won't end up with bright green regions by default

https://github.com/steveschow/logicthemetools

Another tweak I had for a while from LPXColorizer, but appears I don't have it now, is I made my currently selected mixer channel a different color to really pop out...and especially when you use track stacks, it puts the other color around all the channels in the stack. Instead of a lighter grey, it was like a lightish blue or something...

LPXColorizer includes at least one theme that is basically just little tweaks like that to the factory theme. Making certain elements a slightly different color to pop out a little better, and some of them are useful tweaks...without compromising the overall look of logic.

A lot of the other themes they include with LPXColorizer...in fact most of them....are ugly frankly. Apple's theme is actually quite good, but just needs a little tweaking sometimes. Like the bright region colors, for example.

What feature i personally would like to see implemented in LPX Colorizer is the ability to make region names black, because i am one of those people who get an eye strain from white text on dark background. But as far as i know it is impossible. At least people at Gearslutz say it can not be implemented. And if i could get rid of regions' rounded corners that would be awesome, they look so stupid, like sausages :)

• 1 year later...
Logic Pro X cost 200.. and LPXColorizer 40 dollars.. mm.........?.Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 3.25.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-19 at 3.24.49 AM.png

This is the sad truth about Software development cost & maintenance!

Besides all of its other features: LPXColorizer features an auto drawing engine that recognizes borders gradients and backgrounds of images, which was custom made for Logic. That only costs a lot of cash in development.

But I understand your point, however, let me tell you, It is not LPXColorizer that is expensive, it is Logic Pro that is freakingly cheap for what you get.

Apple business model is not tailored around software sales, they build few native apps that did not become business-standard compare to windows. Logic is a success though, why? because music makers trust mac machines more than windows machines, and they would gladly go with the native program considering it's features competes with the best Daws of the market, and it's low price tag. You got it, they can sell at a low price because Apple's business model revolves around Hardware, they sell expensive machines and make more profit there.

It's just sad that now people get used to these low prices as new standards, it really makes other business struggle.

change the default UGLY green ¡ it looks very depressing that default.. Green. I know.. I can change it..

but as a DEFAULT looks pretty bad.

If you make a duplicate of the default Theme in LPXColorizer and then just change the Green default to some other colors in the Color Palette editor, then Logic will keep the same UI but when you create a track by default it will always wear this new colour.

1255169169_ScreenShot2020-10-03at10_34_52AM.thumb.png.f81d727fa915e88a4e81d663514f4fdc.png

I love Logic and use it professionally everyday. But Reaper has a great feature that allows you to color a track based on name. Name the track Rhodes, it changes to a shade of blue I picked... So great. Would love to see this in Logic. Submitted a request to the Logic team. Maybe someday.