Input/Output Gain for All Plug-ins

jimdilian

Why ? Plugins which drastically change gain already have that and others, well, don't actually need it. Gain plugins can be inserted anywhere if you feel the need. I would not want my screen cluttered with controls I don't need 90% of the time and 3rd party GUIs are outside Logic's reach.

The top bar above the GUI is ridiculously large already, as is the bottom bar which at this moment does exactly nothing, but it could house such controls, similarly to the extra parameters that EQ, EXS and some others already have.

it would be great to have Input / and Output Gain control for all plugins.. in a very simple and small way.. small knobs maybe in the top.. with a smaller toolbar tha I agree it is gigantic¡ yes you could insert a gain after and before.. but it will be much much simple to have that... maybe you don't agree but for a lot of us it will be a great update to have INPUT/OUTPUT gain controls for ALL plugins .

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorta with fuzz on this one, at least for my workflow.

If it was something people realllllllly wanted though, it could be a toggled GUI kind of feature. In the same way that even with advanced mode on, for some things like icons at the top bar are hidden until you explicitly request logic to do so. The only reason I would want this functionally is if a channel strip itself surpassed the 15 plugin limit and I wanted to change the input gain on the type of plugin where that alters the timbre and degree of processing.