Bring back "wait for MIDI event" recording option?

dcrand

In the meantime., depending of the context, using Meta Events and the Environment (via an IAC loop) could be a viable workaround?

I tried to look into it but couldn't make much of it. Can you tell me where in the Environment one may find an object that controls the Transport? Not even sure I'm using the right terms. Clarify?

In the meantime., depending of the context, using Meta Events and the Environment (via an IAC loop) could be a viable workaround?

I tried to look into it but couldn't make much of it. Can you tell me where in the Environment one may find an object that controls the Transport? Not even sure I'm using the right terms. Clarify?

For transport purpose, have you considered assigning a MIDI event as keyboard shortcut to trigger Play, Record, etc.

That assigned MIDI event could be used as being the result of a remapping Transformer object; which Transformer object remaps all (desired) MIDI incoming events into the KS MIDI event which is fed back into Logic via an IAC loop.

Some Meta events (or faders) might be useful in certain circumstances, although I'm not sure if that would apply to your case...

• 1 month later...
I tried calling Apple up about the Environment. Back in Version 7, a couple of folks built these amazing, extremely complex environments, with analog type sequencers, logic switches custom mixers, etc. . They were floating around on the Internet, but have all but disappeared Apple downplays the environment, because it isn't 'user friendly'. When I asked for tech info about environment, I was told they don't dispense with environment issues, because it is beyond the scope of their tech support.

Looks pretty good, I'm currently evaluating upgrade to Mojave so I can use the new version. Sounds about right, replacing a nice useful feature like "wait for MIDI" with something that is clunky, hard to access but sounds sexy as hell.