'Bounce markers'

wilx

Such a simple idea, and this is why I use reaper now for sound design work. Often on library projects or games, I'll have dozens of regions in a project with different alts or cues. I want a drop-down list in the 'bounce' window that lets me select:

"whole project"

"cycle length"

"markers"

The marker option would let me select the first and last markers to bounce (would default to the first and last in the project) and the default filenames would be the names of the markers. This would literally save me days of time on projects.

Such a simple idea, and this is why I use reaper now for sound design work. Often on library projects or games, I'll have dozens of regions in a project with different alts or cues. I want a drop-down list in the 'bounce' window that lets me select:

"whole project"

"cycle length"

"markers"

The marker option would let me select the first and last markers to bounce (would default to the first and last in the project) and the default filenames would be the names of the markers. This would literally save me days of time on projects.

In the meantime, have you considered trying the following workflow:

Yes - I've set up a macro in Metagrid which selects the next marker, sets the cycle range, copies the marker name, opens the bounce window, pastes the marker name and then bounces. I'm very happy with that, but it still means I need to be around for each bounce. It just takes 1 second per marker to setup now instead of 15.

• 4 weeks later...