Dragging audio anywhere

3ple

One thing it always annoyed me a little bit is that when you want to drag audio (from Finder, for example) into Logic, you need to drag it as your last track. Then you have to drag the drag up to where you want it to be.

It would be awesome that we could drag directly into the track area (where we have the track name, icon, etc) and if we drag in between tracks, it would insert the audio there.

Pretty much the same way we can insert a plugin in between two plugins in the channel strip, but in this case it would be dragging audio and creating the new track in between 2 existing tracks.

See the image, where I'm trying to drag the audio to:

dragaudio.gif.b91705ececec1d2a346f221adc3afcf4.gif

Not at the studio presently, but from your animated gif, you are dragging your file on track headers.

Have you tried dragging onto the track lanes area instead?

Dragging to the arrangement itself will produce the same results. It will either drag to one track or the other. There's no in between.

I think this would be a great feature if they could implement it. Dragging to the bottom of the project and then dragging it to the right place, seems to be a bit of a waste of time.

Not at the studio presently, but from your animated gif, you are dragging your file on track headers.

Have you tried dragging onto the track lanes area instead?

Dragging to the arrangement itself will produce the same results. It will either drag to one track or the other. There's no in between.

I think this would be a great feature if they could implement it. Dragging to the bottom of the project and then dragging it to the right place, seems to be a bit of a waste of time.

Just tried it. Agreed, it would be a nice improvement.

Just tried it. Agreed, it would be a nice improvement.

:)

Also dragging audio from logic into open plugin windows. Would be very useful.

Some plugins allow that, some don't and it also depends on where you're dragging the audio from. Alchemy now let's us drag audio directly into a source, but apparently they forgot to make it in a way that let's us drag from certain places... hope they fix this