Fine tune volume fader/pan

3ple

It would be great if we could use Shift, for example, to fine tune the volume fader and the pan knob, especially the volume fader when we get to the bottom section where small mouse movements can make huge dB changes

Not at the studio presently, but according to the docs, isn't already implemented with the pan?

I wonder if fine scrolling the volume automation value window readout could achieve that?image.jpeg

Version 10.4.2 doesn't have that feature for the Pan. Not sure if the new versions do.

Value window readout: yes, you can achieve this with Option/Alt, even though the scale is already "slower" compared to the fader, meaning, a big mouse move here, move the volume value slower than using the fader. The issue is that this readout is not always present. In my case, the way I have my templates, the width of my tracks area is not that wide for it to show up, so having the fader itself being able to move slower with either Shift or any other key would be good.

Not that I see myself using this on a regular basis, to be honest. I just think it could be implemented, if that's already being used in other parts of Logic, including plugins and all that.

Just tested it... Despites what is documented, it doesn't work for pan either! :(

I agree with you, this could be a nice and useful addition.

Just those small tweaks that could make a difference for some people.