E-Piano Velocity Volume Control

Nogan

The E-Piano instrument is by far one of my favorites, topping even a lot of sample library EPs too. One thing I really desire though, is a control that lets you dictate how much the input velocity level changes the note volume.

After lots of heavy compression, it'd be nice to squash the more aggressive tones, while preserving the dynamics of gentle ones a little better.

It's very similar to applying compression as well as expansion, but not quite the same (specifically per time controls, and also how the changed velocity might allow you to scream into the compressor quicker or longer.)

Its also not quite the same as just mapping a MIDI effect to a fader or plugin with gain, as this changes the overall volume of the sonority just on the whims of the most recent note. So if I play a louder low octave and softer arpeggio on top, the volume of the low end gets reduced too.

Having this feature built-in to the instrument is one less thing to worry about when building channel strips for friends and myself, and is a little less CPU usage than the workarounds. (And just another things for logic users to take pride in within the context of our virtual instruments.)