Automate Varispeed in Global Tracks

Nogan

I know I know, there are alternatives to getting a similar sound... etc etc

What I want is to be able to musically control project time and pitch very precisely without the large time commitment or lack of precision that plugins and flex and other things have in trade offs.

Why is this musically a useful thing? Tape stop and start sounds on all tracks, not just audio, or even the inverse like a slow down into tempo and pitch kind of thing. Or maybe I want the verse of a song to slowly go from normal to up 50 cents. Or maybe stylistic sample chopping sounds on a whole composed section. I can think of quite a few more things, and others have chimed in before about this idea, although I cannot locate an official post in here.

Prove to me that I am silly

• 5 months later...

An addition to this would be automation of other global tuning parameters, specifically those found in project settings. I didnt feel like this was different enough to warrant a new post, but today using hermode tuning I was wishing to be able to automate the depth of hermode tuning applied.

Running a signal into many kinds of distortion, it can be useful to modulate the consonance of the tuning system to change the aggression / character / behavior of distortion used. Lets say I have a sawtooth running into a guitar amp simulator. Sometimes I may want an E major chord to be crunchier than others. Going from equal temperament to one of the JI modes of hermode tuning is a great way to do this, and as far as I can tell there is basically no way to accomplish this currently in logic even including workarounds.

Likewise in user tunings and global pitch, it may be useful to have this for dynamically stretching the tuning of stock instruments and sounds, or adjusting the tuning sytem over time with precision.

What I am not asking for: dynamically morphing between 2 different kinds of tuning systems like those in the dropdown menu, such as Werckmeister to arabic. While cool that would be much harder to implement well I imagine (Averaging values of each selected system to presumed pitch roles based on slider position -- you would likely have to add another dropdown for blending). I would love this feature too, but it is perhaps not the best place to start.