SmartControls but it's an FX Rack/wrapper instead

Ploki

So, when you do smartcontrol strips, they get crowded and you can't just recall them on an existing strip.

Get this: an insert chain wrapped inside a "single" plugln, and when you open it , a smart controls window opens.

You could make custom ""plugins"" from plugin chains and just load them on any strip.

Slate Virtual Mix Rack

iZotope Neutron/Nectar/Ozone

Waves Scheps Channel, CLA Mix

IK Multimedia T-Racks

Blue Cat

Eventide

There are many, many "multi-effect" channel strip plugins ;-)

I have a couple. Voxengo VoxFormer, Black Rooster Edelweiss, iZotope MSP3 bundle.

However, this is not what i'm talking about at all.

I really like Macro approach of smart control. You have a knob. you can assign it to gain, and you can also assign it to EQ % (in pro-Q or voxengo) to adjust EQ gain prebias. You can also at the same time apply postbias. on ONE. SINGLE. KNOB. controlling 3 plugins, all behind the scenes...

Not Slates, not Waves, not IK Multimedias, but any plugin in i want, control in any manner i want.

This is not the same as having 5 plugins stacked with "quick controls" or some stuff like that, this is deep macro stuff that can make some things really fun.

this:

https://www.newsonicarts.com/html/freestyle.php

is kinda like why i mean.

It only hosts VSTs which annoys me profoundly since i never install them, meaning i'd need to reinstall ALL my plugins to do something with it.

Also, it's not nearly as sleek as smart controls and its Macro assignment abilities are less flexible than Smartcontrols.

edit:

there's also GigPerformer, Blue Cat patchwork, Nyrv Agent..

I think much of what you want is already there.

You can add multiple parameters to a button/knob, set ranges for each parameter, invert or scale, etc.

It's just not obvious.

In the "tool menu" of the Smart Control info select "Add Mapping" which will let you have one or more controls be affected by the turning of the knob. Make your own "One Knob" series ;-)

See the Map Screen Controls section of the manual

I think much of what you want is already there.

You can add multiple parameters to a button/knob, set ranges for each parameter, invert or scale, etc.

It's just not obvious.

In the "tool menu" of the Smart Control info select "Add Mapping" which will let you have one or more controls be affected by the turning of the knob. Make your own "One Knob" series ;-)

See the Map Screen Controls section of the manual

hm, maybe i phrased it poorly.

I know all that.

I want the current functionality, but instead of smartcontrols being locked to pre-defined layouts and on CHANNEL STRIP LEVEL, i want them as a separate "plugin chain" that i can load as in insert.

That way, i can setup a chain of plugins and insert it on ANY channel strip, i don't have to load a channel strip preset and over-ride my current strip settings.

Your description of what you want is a "channel strip" loaded as an insert, at least as I read it. That brings us right back to using an insert plugin that has various effects that can be placed in the insert chain.

I wouldn't expect to find something like that as a "Smart Control" - I would expect it to be a "plugin chain" or "insert chain". All of the things I mentioned earlier do exactly what you want - insert a series of plugins at an arbitrary insert point.