reverse default position of tracks in score or mixer

edurbrow

In an old analog tape studio, the drums come first: kick would be track 1, snare 2 etc. and after the drums would come the bass. That is from left to right on the console and track sheet. If you set it up that way in Logic, it comes out right in the Mixer window but "wrong" in the score window.

1470058188_ScreenShot2020-06-14at7_44_35PM.thumb.png.011894d607f6318d359790270f47947d.png

That would mean when viewed in the Main window or score window the stacking would be opposite of a normal score. This is a problem combining orchestra and popular instruments. You don't want the bass and strings at the top of the score

The score should look something more like this:

853990379_ScreenShot2020-06-14at7_52_33PM.png.1366779eea5c6f81d761212608d9b0c4.png

This has been bugging me for a long time. Other DAWs let you shift tracks around in different views, but my version of Logic (10.2.2) won't. So if I want bass and piano at the bottom of a score and vocal at the top, the vocal ends up on the left side and bass on the right in the Mixer view, which just seems very wrong.

Please tell me if there is a way to do this in Logic. If not, I offer it as a suggestion.