Waveform overview for audio stacks.

TequilaKez

Hey Tequila,

That's an interesting idea, however I can think of plenty of challenges that would come with it: what if the first track doesn't have any audio regions? What if it does have audio regions but they're really short while there are long regions on the other tracks? What if there is one long audio region with mostly silence on the first track: does the track stack display a silent waveform even though there's audio playing back from the other subtracks?

Of course ideally the main track would show a waveform representing the sum of all the audio inside the stack, but obviously that would require a little bit of pre-processing that has to be done any time you make any change inside the stack.

No easy solution I can think of.

Yes I imagine that would turn the developers off, because there's pitfalls and performance issues related to bouncing a mix just to get a waveform.

But when you're actually using logic hands on with stacks, it becomes clear you'd be happy with something rather than nothing.

For a solution than doesn't require mix downs, right[or control] click the track and tick 'use for stack preview'.

Easy.