A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

 
nkoproductionz
Topic Author
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:49 am

GHOST NOTES

Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:50 am

ello who is the designer for logic pro x,they need to implement scale feature with ghost notes ,on the next update please thats all .
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Posts: 84735
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: GHOST NOTES

Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:07 am

Apple is the company that designs and sells Logic Pro. You can provide your feedback directly to them at https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html however I would give a bit more details as I am not sure what it is you're requesting exactly. Are you talking about ghost notes in Drummer? What do you mean by scale value?

Drummer Ghost Notes.png
Drummer Ghost Notes.png (11.66 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
User avatar
fuzzfilth
Posts: 4757
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:31 am
Location: Germany

Re: GHOST NOTES

Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:45 am

Wow. If I was a developer stumbling over such a friendly and thoughtfully constructed feature request, complete with use cases and improvement scale between current and future implementation, and the next update as the deadline no less, I'd quietly pause for a moment, then turn around and do the laundry.
Christian Obermaier
Contact me for private Logic Consulting, Training, Troubleshooting via Skype, Zoom or Teamviewer

1 x MacPro 6core 2010 24Gb RAM
2 x MacBookPro i7 2012 16Gb RAM
OSX.14.6. Mojave, Logic X.5.1
 
steveLpx1
Posts: 442
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:58 am

Re: GHOST NOTES

Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:53 am

...fuzzy..sometimes you make my day.../s~
mbp13/e2011 | 2.7ghz.i7 | 16gig.ram | 512g/1tb ssds | osx 10.14.6
mbp16/e2020 | 2.3ghz i9 | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | osx 11.4
logic10.5.1/10.6.2 | reaper6.16/64 | focusrite.2i2 | parallels/win7/win10
 
nkoproductionz
Topic Author
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:49 am

Re: GHOST NOTES

Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:05 am

David Nahmani wrote:
Apple is the company that designs and sells Logic Pro. You can provide your feedback directly to them at https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html however I would give a bit more details as I am not sure what it is you're requesting exactly. Are you talking about ghost notes in Drummer? What do you mean by scale value?

Drummer Ghost Notes.png


like fl ghost notes ,ableton 11 ghost notes,if you know what i mean
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Posts: 84735
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: GHOST NOTES

Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:07 am

nkoproductionz wrote:
like fl ghost notes ,ableton 11 ghost notes,if you know what i mean

Actually I don't, I'm not very familiar with those two DAWs and I'm not aware of those features.
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
nkoproductionz
Topic Author
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:49 am

Re: GHOST NOTES

Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:08 am

fuzzfilth wrote:
Wow. If I was a developer stumbling over such a friendly and thoughtfully constructed feature request, complete with use cases and improvement scale between current and future implementation, and the next update as the deadline no less, I'd quietly pause for a moment, then turn around and do the laundry.



Lol funny comment ,but if you look at all the daws such as fl studio ,ableton,they all even have the ghost notes ,especially the new ableton 11,scale feature ,then you would know what i mean

the change of scale is there ,but ghost notes missing ,the other way of doing is long.
 
nkoproductionz
Topic Author
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:49 am

Re: GHOST NOTES

Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:09 am

David Nahmani wrote:
nkoproductionz wrote:
like fl ghost notes ,ableton 11 ghost notes,if you know what i mean

Actually I don't, I'm not very familiar with those two DAWs and I'm not aware of those features.



an example ableton 11

 
User avatar
fuzzfilth
Posts: 4757
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:31 am
Location: Germany

Re: GHOST NOTES

Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:22 am

In all seriousness, posting a "Make it do beatzmakers lik Cubase, now, thanks" will get you nowhere. No developer has the time or the inclination to investigate what you might have meant by that, what might be good in it for the Logic user base, what would be not so good, how do approach it with a twist and a hundred other things that go into implementing not just a feature (say, a checkbox somewhere) but possibly a whole new paradigm with all its ramifications. And then, don't think for a second that it's the developers who decide what gets prioritized.
Last edited by fuzzfilth on Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Christian Obermaier
Contact me for private Logic Consulting, Training, Troubleshooting via Skype, Zoom or Teamviewer

1 x MacPro 6core 2010 24Gb RAM
2 x MacBookPro i7 2012 16Gb RAM
OSX.14.6. Mojave, Logic X.5.1
 
nkoproductionz
Topic Author
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:49 am

Re: GHOST NOTES

Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:28 am

fuzzfilth wrote:
In all seriousness, posting a "Make it do beatzmakers lik Cubase, now, thanks" will get you nowhere. No developer has the time or the inclination to investigate what you might have meant by that, what might be good in it for the Logic user base, what would be not so good, how do approach it with a twist and a hundred other things that go into implementing not just a feature (say, a checkbox somewhere) but possibly a whole new paradigm with all its ramifications. And then, don't think for a second that it's the developers who decide what gets prioritized.


OKAY!!
 
User avatar
David Nahmani
Site Admin
Posts: 84735
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:16 am
Contact:

Re: GHOST NOTES

Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:34 am

I'm moving this to the New Feature Suggestion forum but I do agree that it would be more constructive if you were to simply explain the feature here in this thread so that we could discuss it. I wish I had 12 minutes to watch a video for everyone who posts about a feature suggestion or an issue to troubleshoot or a technique they're trying to replicate in Logic but as someone who spends an incredible amount of time speed-reading through many questions, suggestions, problems to solve etc... every single day, videos are too time consuming for me.
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM
 
ValliSoftware
Posts: 1000
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 am

Re: GHOST NOTES

Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:04 pm

nkoproductionz wrote:
ello who is the designer for logic pro x,they need to implement scale feature with ghost notes ,on the next update please thats all .

This gets asked all the time here.
Read what to do here
https://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/10. ... cpa8ff98b7

Or watch what to do here
I set the time so it goes right to the point
https://youtu.be/7J8q2KIzzxY?t=119
MacBook Pro 10.8.5 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 6GB Ram - Logic Pro X (10.2)
MacMini 10.13.6 2GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram - GarageBand 10.4.5 Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
iPad Mini iOS 12 - iOS GarageBand 2.0.1
Qosimo X70-A 10.13.6 Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor 32GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory, 2-500GB 7200rpm hard drives - Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
MacMini M1 11.4 Apple M1 16GB Ram 1TB SSD Logic Pro X (10.6.2) Rosetta 2 not installed
 
User avatar
fuzzfilth
Posts: 4757
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:31 am
Location: Germany

Re: GHOST NOTES

Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:28 pm

I watched the video and all I saw is a guy painting notes in the piano roll. Then I watched it from the start and sloooowly it emerges that Ghost Notes as per FL's definition are just a visual indication of the key you're supposed to be in. Is that it ? Is that really it ? Seriously ?

By the time it took to watch the video, download his 'scales pack' (which is just regions of notes that belong into one key) and get this up and running, I could just have learned which notes belong to F#-nat-minor and be done with it. And I say this as a drummer.
Christian Obermaier
Contact me for private Logic Consulting, Training, Troubleshooting via Skype, Zoom or Teamviewer

1 x MacPro 6core 2010 24Gb RAM
2 x MacBookPro i7 2012 16Gb RAM
OSX.14.6. Mojave, Logic X.5.1
 
ValliSoftware
Posts: 1000
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 am

Re: GHOST NOTES

Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:57 pm

fuzzfilth wrote:
Is that it ? Is that really it ? Seriously ?

lol, yes

fuzzfilth wrote:
And I say this as a drummer.

MacBook Pro 10.8.5 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 6GB Ram - Logic Pro X (10.2)
MacMini 10.13.6 2GHz Intel Core i7 16GB Ram - GarageBand 10.4.5 Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
iPad Mini iOS 12 - iOS GarageBand 2.0.1
Qosimo X70-A 10.13.6 Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor 32GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory, 2-500GB 7200rpm hard drives - Logic Pro X (10.4.8)
MacMini M1 11.4 Apple M1 16GB Ram 1TB SSD Logic Pro X (10.6.2) Rosetta 2 not installed