Audiosuite Style Processing - Plugins to regions

dna

Would love to be able to find all plug-ins available near the "time and pitch machine" menu so that I could quickly notch out a harsh frequency on a tiny vocal section with EQ directly in the editor. At the moment, bounce-in-place is the only way to do it and it requires: Opening a new audio track, copying audio to it, opening a plugin and making the changes you want, bouncing the part of audio that you would like back to the original vocal track and then needing to use crossfades to stitch the audio together.

As you can see it's a hassle and very discouraging to even bother trying it. I know I could just use automation etc etc but it would seriously be a step in the right direction for logic to finally catch up and let you apply plug-ins directly to audio regions.

Yes it would be nice, but you dont need to do all the steps you described in order to achieve what you want:

Correct workflow:(MAKE SURE YOUR TRACK IS SELECTED) Insert the fx you want to process with on the original track, dial up the sound you want, marquee select the area you want to be processed, hit bounce region in place, tick the "selected track", select "remove" and go. Turn off your effect, done. Not much more complicated then region fx really.

cheerio

Yes it would be nice, but you dont need to do all the steps you described in order to achieve what you want:

Correct workflow:(MAKE SURE YOUR TRACK IS SELECTED) Insert the fx you want to process with on the original track, dial up the sound you want, marquee select the area you want to be processed, hit bounce region in place, tick the "selected track", select "remove" and go. Turn off your effect, done. Not much more complicated then region fx really.

cheerio

I wish it were that simple. Thanks for teaching me about the marquee select I didn't realize it was possible to bounce regions to the same track. Every time I selected a region, the only option was to bounce to a new track. The only problem with this method is the bounce includes all 5 of my other insert fx plugins when all I want it to include is a tiny EQ change to the wav for example to remove unwanted harshness on a vocal track prior to any live processing. I don't want to individually turn off all 5 plugins just so they wouldn't be included in the bounce. It's still quicker for me to open a new empty track, open 1 single eq plugin and bounce back to the original track.

But in all seriousness I think it has become a very normal practice among producers to commit certain processing to regions so why the heck haven't they put in Audio-suite style processing after all this time? I mean seriously? You find a part of the vocal that obviously has a peak and all you do is select it and apply a quick EQ reduction to it and move on. It's common practice. Not very easy to do in Logic!