Commit Flex Button

dna

We need a button that will burn the flex-pitch changes into the wave/region. This will provide a quick way to fix the pitch of a vocal and be able to still use fades on the audio. As it stands now, fades and x-fades are disabled when a track is being flexed. Rather than bouncing in place and the result landing on a different track, this method will literally "bounce it in place" on the same track so we can move on and not be bogged down transferring regions between tracks.

Remember that you can BIP on the same track as destination if you marquee select an area that contains the region you wanna bip instead of selecting the region.

NB: the marquee selection cant be exactly the same length as the region (for some unknown reason) so you need to make the selection bigger or smaller than the region.

Remember that you can BIP on the same track as destination if you marquee select an area that contains the region you wanna bip instead of selecting the region.

NB: the marquee selection cant be exactly the same length as the region (for some unknown reason) so you need to make the selection bigger or smaller than the region.

I just learned about this method the other day. Didn't know it was possible! Very handy. So I select the check-box that says "bypass fx" and it will only just include the flex changes in the bounce. Cool. Only thing is, I still think we need a "commit flex button" somewhere in the editor where the pitch notes can be changed. Heres why: If you got a take folder full of takes, you can still flex-pitch one of the takes as it currently stands by double clicking the region within the folder. With a commit flex button we could then exit the editor with the flex changes burned into the wave and still be in "Take folder mode" with other takes to choose from and comp with. The BIP method would be taking place right in the same area that the take folder is and probably overwrite it. Am I wrong? Can that BIP be auto-placed into that take folder by any chance?