LX Support for OS 10.7.5

foreststone

I like that I can run the new Logic Pro X app on my Macbook Pro, but what I really want it to run on is my main system, a Mac Pro 1,1 which does not support 10.8. I don't find it that entirely unreasonable to support at least one previous OS version. I understand that Pro Tools 11, another rewrite, also will not support 10.8. I'm glad Apple and Avid re-engineered their old code for the sake of the future, but I can't help feel abandoned as a long time supporter of both these apps. I get that there has to be a cut off point for backwards compatibility but given the amount of time it took for Logic X to come out, I suspect the earliest builds of Logic X were compiled against the 10.7 SDK, so I don't understand why Apple will not invest in the extra effort to support at least the previous OS version.

I also sent this request to the Apple feedback site for Logic here...

http://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

I hope others that are in a similar situation will take the time and send Apple some feedback.