Apologies for the double post, but in desperation, I found that Logic Remote
presents a temporary workaround
. Assuming Logic Remote is already paired to Logic X...
- Assign smart controls to a plugin on a track
- Add that track to a stack track - summing or folder stack - both work
- Select that track in Logic X
- Logic Remote shows the 'smart' controls (with Smart Controls View selected)
- Twiddle knobs on Logic Remote, knobs twiddle on Logic X
Logic now works as normal
expected. So far, this works for any instrument or effect mapped to smart controls on any track selected, whether its in a stack or not.
I'm looking at five hardware midi controllers in bewilderment at Logics bug, but strictly short term, this is just about better than nothing IMHO.Except that not all Factory Layouts are supported by Logic Remote. And its still not possible to implement custom Layouts (as opposed to customise factory layouts... really? Really?). Or define toggle or momentary button presses (all of them are toggle based AFAIK), yet somehow, MainStage can differentiate?. Smart Controls and its abuse of MIDI redefines what button depression is.