Regions deselected (an unsoloed) when editing automation

Babe

I haven't used Logic in a couple of years and I just updated to X. I can't use a DAW that doesn't let me solo an individual track. With X, if a solo a region and then make a change to the automation, even the automation that is shown on the mail track, the solo unsolos and I have to click the track header again to activate the solo.

From the sound of it, you have soling on the track headers set to "Fast".

Go here: Preferences / Audio / General tab / Track Mute/Solo

If it's set to "Fast" then switch it to "CPU Saving". The fast setting makes the solo buttons in the track headers behave just like the ones on the Channel strip - so your track automation will override what ever manual changes you make to your track solo button.

However, "CPU saving" enables the track solo to operate independently of any solo automation.

HTH!

From the sound of it, you have soling on the track headers set to "Fast".

No, the OP is talking about Solo mode - not track solo. When you're in solo mode, only selected regions are heard, and when you edit track automation, LPX automatically deselect all regions. This is a known issue (which didn't exist in LP9), and Apple is aware of it.

The track solo buttons don't have that issue (in either mode) since the regions do not need to be selected for the tracks to be soloed.

• 1 year later...