EXS24 instrument "RecordBasic" not found. [BUG]

composerman111

I have a problem. When I drag a loop (specifically one of the orchestral bass loops) I get an error message that makes absolutely no sense to me. The message I get is:

EXS24 instrument "RecordBasic" not found.

I have attached it as a screenshot to show it. I am using Logic 9.1.8

I can also assign an instrument to the track after I have chosen "Continue" and the loop is on the track. Then it does play with the instrument added to the track. Interesting that the loop when demoed (before being dragged to the Arrange area) in the loop browser also does not play loop with an instrument assigned but rather as a plain midi sound (sine wave).

1994950357_ScreenShot2014-12-18at11_09_28AM.thumb.png.bd23c0e8f4130670737faf3283c2bc4d.png

Hi,

I get the same behavior ("RecordBasic" not found) when dragging any of the "Desire Deep Bass" loops to a software instrument track. Weird. I would call this a bug as there isn't any "RecordBasic" instrument anywhere.

Interesting that the loop when demoed (before being dragged to the Arrange area) in the loop browser also does not play loop with an instrument assigned but rather as a plain midi sound (sine wave).

When you audition green loops in the loop browser, what you hear is a rendered audio version of what the original instrument played. Therefore, what you hear is the correct sound. I think all these "deep bass" loops aren't supposed to be orchestral acoustic instruments, they are low, synthetic sounds intended to reinforce the low end.

J.