Merging locked + unlocked region [BUG]

markalex905

I did a search and couldn't find this. Can anyone reproduce this bug?

Merging an unlocked region with a locked region causes the locked region's MIDI data to disappear. Seems to be a repeatable error since LP9.

Happens only when the unlocked region precedes the locked one. If they're both locked or unlocked, or the locked one comes first, all is fine.

Experts ??

Weird - To confirm... two midi regions... same track... separated by a few bars. Unlocked region on Left, Locked region on Right. Glue tool to merge them. Is that what you did?

Actually, the notes don't disappear - they still show in the Event list, still locked, but now somehow shifted to the right by a few bars. Can only see them if I extend the region to the right. Found the problem on 3 Macs. Anyone else?

Tried it again, this time on my Macbook Pro. I still can not reproduce it.

This is what I did:

Created an empty region on bar 1. Added some notes with the pencil. Created a secon region on bar 5 on the same track. Added some notes to that. SMPTE-locked this second region. Selected both regions and joined them (Command-J). The resulting region itself is not SMPTE-locked, but the group of notes in bar 5 appear locked according to the Event List. They don't dissapear or get shifted anywhere.

J.

Thanks for the info Jordi. I'm still getting the bug every time. David N and others are too. (At least I feel validated ;-)

We seem to have identical Mac Minis too. Wonder what the difference is...

Do you use a blank new project or do you start out with a custom template?

-----------------------

Happens with Templates and new empty projects. I actually got it to work properly ONCE. Then all subsequent tries show the bug.

Did you try it more than once? Unlocked region on Left (earlier) Locked region on Right (later).

Ok. I can replicate it every time.

Everything works fine if the first region is in located on 1.1.1.1.

But if the first region is somewhere else this bug will appear.

And the notes are actually not disappearing. Drag the right edge of the region to the right and you will find that the SMTPE locked notes are moved forward by the same amount of time that differs from the first region and project start. (1.1.1.1).

But if the first region is somewhere else this bug will appear.

And the notes are actually not disappearing. Drag the right edge of the region to the right and you will find that the SMTPE locked notes are moved forward by the same amount of time that differs from the first region and project start. (1.1.1.1).

This I can confirm.

So the workaround is pretty easy: Unlock the region before merging them.

J

• 6 months later...