Scrubbing/Solo Tool Trouble [BUG]

TapedTogether

Hi there LPH community. I recently began working my way through David's Logic Pro X book and it has been a great help. I am currently on Lesson 3 and have run into a few frustrating (what I would assume to be) bugs. The first function that did not work as described in the book was from Lesson 1 where we are instructed to change the tempo of the project while auditioning a drum loop in the Loop Browser. The book says

As you adjust the project tempo, you can hear the loop slow down and finally settle
, however when I click and drag the tempo up or down, the loop playback does not adjust dynamically (Flex?) rather it hangs for what seems like a bar or two and then jumps to the new tempo abruptly. Is this normal behavior or is there some buffer issue going on?

The next piece which I have a hunch might be related is when working with the Solo Tool as described in Lesson 3, when I click and hold on a sample in the timeline using the Solo Tool, the first 250-500ms of audio is muted or skipped altogether. This occurs even when Option+Clicking the sample to start Solo playback at the beginning of the sample. Before I found and activated the "Scrubbing with audio in Tracks area" option, the length of silence was even greater and I wouldn't hear playback for a couple beats. Finally, when clicking and holding with the Solo Tool, the play head jitters and jumps around.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? After doing some searching I didn't find any solutions or mentions of this problem so I apologize if it has been solved already. I have included a Screenflow of the bugs in action: https://youtu.be/wwNjq-84UM0

My system specs in my signature. Please let me know if I can offer any more information. Thank you for your help!

The book says
As you adjust the project tempo, you can hear the loop slow down and finally settle
, however when I click and drag the tempo up or down, the loop playback does not adjust dynamically (Flex?) rather it hangs for what seems like a bar or two and then jumps to the new tempo abruptly. Is this normal behavior or is there some buffer issue going on?

This is "normal behavior" unfortunately. :(

when working with the Solo Tool as described in Lesson 3, when I click and hold on a sample in the timeline using the Solo Tool, the first 250-500ms of audio is muted or skipped altogether. This occurs even when Option+Clicking the sample to start Solo playback at the beginning of the sample. Before I found and activated the "Scrubbing with audio in Tracks area" option, the length of silence was even greater and I wouldn't hear playback for a couple beats. Finally, when clicking and holding with the Solo Tool, the play head jitters and jumps around.

Unfortunately that's "normal behavior" again. The playhead won't jump around if you click at the beginning of the region, but it will if you click in the middle of the region.