Apple Loops sound flangey in 10.2.0 to 10.2.4

David Nahmani

does this mean, that a song - created with 10.1 or earlier - that uses appleloops will sound corrupted when opened in 10.2 ?

It sounds pretty horrible. Flangey, robotic, thin, weird resonances...

That would be a major bug.

Any bug that makes songs created in previous versions sound different in the new version is very severe in my opinion.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This specific loop you mentioned "Fine Line Beat" looks like it has some transient marker issues. I've noticed that this is a problematic when any kind of time shift. I was able to repair it here by adding appropriate transient markers for each hit. (its missing several)

Are there other loops that have artifacts like this?

Which version of Logic sounds better than 10.2-10.2.2 with Fine Line Beat?

Hi Jeff, thanks a lot for helping with this!

The loop sounded normal in all versions of 10.0 and 10.1, and sounds flangey in all versions of 10.2.

Note that apparently the loop itself is not the issue, since the same loop played by different versions of Logic sounds fine (pre-10.2) or not (since 10.2.0).

Hope that helps!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I'm getting this exact problem so still seems to be a bug in 10.3.1. It's happening with the majority of my apple loops purchased via Beta Monkey Music. Enabling flex fixes the issue, but it's very frustrating when going through the loop browser so hope this will be fixed soon.

• 1 year later...
I realize this is an old topic, but I never experienced it in previous versions of Logic, but encountered it today in 10.4.1. Engaging Flex on the Apple Loop took the flangieness out of it. A clue may be that I had started the project a few years ago in an earlier version of Logic, not sure which, but never noticed it until I opened it in X. Weird.