Audio Regions moving when cutting [BUG]

Eric Cardenas

Wow... impressive. 

I wonder if there is a bigger issue of why it can't be resolved? Not to be too zoomed into my own world of production, but isn't this a real buzz kill if you want to... let's say, EDIT? I find myself "over checking" my work to make sure I've corrected anything LPX is moving around. Even still the always lingering thought of wondering how much Logic is negatively impacting my audio.

The absolute worst is editing drums in group mode_phase locked, and hearing the cumulative affect of phase problems due to this bug.(even if you are not using flex btw..) 

I call the Shifty Devil bug.

Logic Pro X 10.3.1

this BUG Drive me CRAZY.............

this is what happens when you record in cycle mode..

then "Select All Inside Locators" then .. "Repeat Regions and Events" many times..

at some advanced POINT.. in you Project this starts happening.. 4 YEARS APPLE ¡ 4 YEARS ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

come on ¡....

How Many TIMEs SHould I Report This BUG ??? please Guys.. send this BUG to apple.. feedback too..

PLEASE ¡

1378755531_NormalZoom.thumb.png.16744523adce7d1e7d23fe5d9a8d6b11.png

556302435_SuperZOOM.thumb.png.4dd929a52da37ce161579a6f382cf94b.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Zambra, your issue when repeating the selection within the loop multiple times, have you tried using the menu option [Edit] > [Repeat Multiple] and selecting 'Bar' as the adjustment?

I cannot replicate the split where the regions change position, To confirm your actions -  are you selecting all the regions using Cmd+A? And then moving the playhead and pressing Cmd+T ?

Zambra, your issue when repeating the selection within the loop multiple times, have you tried using the menu option [Edit] > [Repeat Multiple] and selecting 'Bar' as the adjustment?

I cannot replicate the split where the regions change position, To confirm your actions -  are you selecting all the regions using Cmd+A? And then moving the playhead and pressing Cmd+T ?

I don't Like [Repeat Multiple] too slow for my workflow.. never use it... I go to fast when making Songs.. I use a command (Repeat Regions/Events)

that one is simpler.. and faster..

still happening in 10.3.2 =(

... I give up.

Can you confirm this with an audio region that is not set to follow tempo.

I experience the same issue as you do when the region is set to stretch its content.

Yes it does.. with oudio only too.. and when you Use "Scissors Tool" there is a new "BUG" I think.. it makes a very strange sound Logic Pro X 10.3.2

I Think they tried to fix it.. with Audio only it is a little bit better.. but the bug still there..

with Midi it is a complete mess. and with Midi and Audio Selected toguether is worst.

516700686_ScreenShot2017-07-26at6_11_01PM.thumb.png.26ba63f1e5b955520bfde882fab78861.png

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! I found a way to work with the bug. The problem only happens when the project time is different from the original time of the loop, so just copy the loop to the project (with the BPM you want) and give a "bounce in place" on it. The bug is terrible, but that way, at least, it works.

watch the video>

I have a new_ way to reproduce this very STRANGE_ bug, steps_ 10.4 here. Not Fixed.

I can't Believe how the Logic Theme from Apple has not Fix this BUG,. this is BASIC ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

more important than Any UPDATE_ if you have a BUG from this DIMENSION all albums recorded and Released using Logic Pro X has this problem_

All.

1_ create a new "empty project from logic templates"

2_ enable cycle mode_ and set the tempo to 199. and add a audio track and record audio

3_ duplicate the track

4_ record on the second track_

5_ select all in the main windows with command duplicate selectiion

6_ zoom a lot and see the end zones recorded_ how they start to shift position the more you duplicate them_ in the end of the zones the more they start "shifting".

I have a new_ way to reproduce this very STRANGE_ bug, steps_ 10.4 here. Not Fixed.

I can't Believe how the Logic Theme from Apple has not Fix this BUG,. this is BASIC ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

more important than Any UPDATE_ if you have a BUG from this DIMENSION all albums recorded and Released using Logic Pro X has this problem_

All.

1_ create a new "empty project from logic templates"

2_ enable cycle mode_ and set the tempo to 199. and add a audio track and record audio

3_ duplicate the track

4_ record on the second track_

5_ select all in the main windows with command duplicate selectiion

6_ zoom a lot and see the end zones recorded_ how they start to shift position the more you duplicate them_ in the end of the zones the more they start "shifting".

I created this topic to put bugs related to 10.4 and all report the error. it's the only way they'll fix it in the next update.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=135323

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...