Plugins Resetting after Undo - steps to reproduce [BUG]

Mark R

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys,

for 10.3.2 I also can still confirm the undo/reset bug.

Did you check out 10.3.3?

The release notes don’t tell anything about a fix though...

Just tried 10.3.3 with my latest test from the 29th post (see above).

Undo/reset bug still remains, so no change from 10.3.2.

I'm still using macOS Sierra.

• 3 weeks later...

Just played for about 10 minutes with swapping factory plugins around between channels in 10.4 and the undo/reset bug did not occur!

Looks like the new feature to track plugin/mixer settings corrected most of this problem (even though I didn't at first enable these features). I will keep watching for a problem and report back, but so far so good...,

except (and this may be a non issue because we shouldn't recklessly be doing this anyway).

I did notice one little thing...

It involves swapping around Mono and Stereo plugins. I was somehow able to make a mono Test Oscillator plugin disappear and stop its tone by moving it into a stereo channel then swapping the other plugins out of that channel (poof). Continuing to undo though made the plugin reappear and resume oscillating at my previously adjusted frequency so there was a path to recovering my careful oscillator tuning.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Same thing happening with me. Logic Pro X 10.4.2. I would have thought this would be fixed by now.

Only seems to be happening on midi tracks. However, all I have to do is switch between two open projects and presets I have created in sculpture get switched. To be specific, one guitar track switches to the bass tone in one project and the bass track track in the other projects switches to the guitar tone.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone

Been experiencing similar issues for half a year, which is driving me nuts

It happens regularly when I import a wav file or loop from whithin the sample browser that suddenly all the presets from my instruments have changed and even the instruments have been swapped with others... or even the AU instruments are playing stuff from audio channels instead

i'm on the latest version on Logic and still happened today

anyone solved this?

• 6 months later...

Hello all,

I'm running version 10.5.1 and have been dealing this issue consistently, though in my case it resets any instance of the Soundtoys Echo Boy plugin (specifically, it seems to trigger the "compare button", as mentioned above). Strange that this seems to be the only plugin being affected. Watching my "Undo History", I've noticed that every instance of Echoboy throughout the a session resets when I undo any change made to a channel strip setting (with the exception of pan, fader, and send levels).

I re-downloaded and installed Echoboy for good measure, though it hasn't been updated recently, and the issue still persists with that plugin in particular. Considering how many instances of Echoboy I use in my template, this bug is more than a bit of a headache.

I'm curious if anyone is still experiencing this in version 10.5.1, and if so, have you noticed the bug only affecting certain plugins?

Cheers and thanks in advance for any reply.

• 1 year later...

I encountered this problem in 10.7.4 with the Soundtoys FilterFreak 2 plugin. After saving, closing and reopening a project, the plugin settings reverted to earlier values, as if the Compare button had been pressed. The issue seemed to be triggered by some combination of reordering plugins on the track and using Undo.

Saving the current plugin settings as a user preset seems to have fixed it.