Logic running very slow since update to 10.3

dtmfalvey

Hi,

This is my first time posting on here as I am a pretty new Logic user. I tried to read the forum rules but every forum rules link on people's posts took me to a weird page so apologies if I've done anything wrong this this post.

Anyhow, since upgrading to 10.3 this morning Logic has been running incredibly slowly. As in I create a new track and a few minutes later it is still processing and the new track hasn't appeared. However I am not getting a beach ball, and my computer's CPU is fine. I first noticed an issue when I was playing a track - playback is fine but the playhead wasn't following the track as it played properly - it would follow the track for a bit and then stop. Since then I've noticed how slow it is when I want to do anything.

Is my computer spec too low for this update? Has anyone else experienced problems like this? 

Any help as to what I should do would be much appreciated. Logic was working perfectly for me before this new update. It didn't sound like a huge amount had changed with the update so I was thinking the performance of it wouldn't change too much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...