Recording with a tempo-ramp is broken, no workaround.

Ploki

• 2 weeks later...
And I should clarify. I'm not cycle recording but I think it's the same issue. I'm recording over a longer period of time, 2 minutes or so. I play in time with the gradually accelerating click and it sounds great. I've also tested with the click track recorded through the speakers. But the resulting recorded audio file is not in sync and slowly drifts out of time, slowing behind the accelerating click. Specific to my track;  the tempo eventually hits its top speed and i make it steady, no accelerating. The audio file that has been lagging as the tempo speeds up will eventually re-sync with the steady tempo after a short period of time. My head might explode it's so strange.

ugh. this is horrible, if you cycle-record the drift gets progressively worse, and after take 10 takes were practically unusable. Thing is, they're not just "shifted", logic actually beats out a *different tempo*. This is horrible, and i already submitted this bug prior 10.3.1 release and I can't believe they still didn't fix it.

Thanks for posting, i was afraid i was the only one with the issue.

Ah ha. I see now. Logic's own internal clock will gradually lag behind the grid during a tempo ramp, but only during recording. That is really annoying. I figured out a work around for live recording. Not sure if there is a way to apply this to what you are doing. If i create a click track by drawing notes into a Klopfgeist track, then Bounce-In-Place, I can use that as my click while recording and everything will sync up on playback. I don't feel like either of your threads has gotten any attention. Wondering if we should re-post in a more urgent way - ALL CAPS PLEASE HELP or something?

• 3 weeks later...

wait, 6 months ago? I didn't notice this in logic 10.2.4, are you sure its a related issue? I cycle-record all the time over tempo ramps, and 10.3 was the first logic update I noticed this. Or is it just that it has gotten horribly worse?

i will try changing multithread preference

edit: marginally better. but still far from usable...

edit2: okay so this only affects midi? ? so a viable workaround is: bounce everything and record next to wave? Would freezing tracks work as well?