Logic Remote needs USB connection option

portasonic

Logic Remote rarely connects and when it does this is usually only temporary and it NEVER works when I really need it to do so.

I prefer to turn wifi OFF (IT IS EXTREMELY UNHEALTHY- do your research if you don't know this)

Besides the health issues with wi-fi, the connection (via wi-fry) is UNRELIABLE at best anyway, and even with a good quality modem very close by and a strong connection with plenty of signal (enough to damage health too I might add again), the Logic Remote is more often than not disconnected. It is infuriating and makes my entire studio feel broken. 

I have invested LOTS of money into hardware and this is definitely the weakest link. Apple did an exceptional job designing the interface yet it rarely works.

The maddening thing is that it can see their is a copy of Logic running and on which mac/s and yet refuses to connect. 

Having bought not one but two (the second one hoping to fix the issue after YEARS of messing around and much swearing at it), I now have two iPads which refuse to work

version 1.3.ipa does not work at all with Logic 10.2.4 and I cannot update to this without 'updating' to OS X Siera which has MAJOR issues with midi. I wasted two days learning this lesson the hard way.

Please fix these MAJOR issues Apple. 

(glad I just bought a REAL recorder...24 track 2" tape. It WORKS and it sounds TEN TIMES BETTER TOO)

I whole-heartedly agree. It works only with top-notch routers, its unreliable on bluetooth as well. Max for Mira and Touch OSC both have USB connections and work incredible well (not to mention you can conveniently charge your ipad while working on it).

As far as 10.3, it works on 10.11 (that works with logic with less bugs than sierra.)

• 3 weeks later...

Just had to chime in on this.  I've been trying to get Logic Remote stable enough to use at live gigs for a while.  And I've really messed up a few jobs in the process :-)   What I see is that it works fine at home, using the router I go on the net with.  It WON'T work reliably with the several routers I've tried when they are not connected to the net. Out at jobs, I don't have a net connection for the router. That isn't necessary to link Logic Remote, but if it's not there, things go crazy. Tried several macbook pros', several ipads.  Same all around.  If the wifi router I'm using isn't connected to the internet, LR will sometimes connect to Logic, sometimes it won't, often drops the connection, sometimes gets horridly slow response wise.

Here's something that seems to be working. Instead of using a wireless router and wifi-ing both the mac and the ipad to it,  Ethernet ( wire )  the mac to the router.  Then link the ipad running Logic Remote by wifi.  In the process of working this out, I also created static IP addresses in the router for my gear. That didn't seem to help before I realized that connecting the mac and the router by wire fixed it all.  But who knows.  This stuff is a mystery.   Plan is to use this at a live gig tomorrow. I'll get back on how that works out.