Repeat section = crash

kerochan

So, I reported a problem to Apple Feedback,  each time I created a region and pressed REPEAT SECTION, Logic crashed.

Apple speedily responded and asked for more info, I am waiting for a follow up mail from a few days ago.

Meantime, I find that even without a region created, if I click REPEAT SECTION, Logic crashes every time, same on both my computers.

UPDATE* I just installed LOGIC 10.3.2 on a third computer with a different OSX (El Capitan, 10.11.1)

Same problem, I press REPEAT SECTION = CRASH every time.

If, however, I disable advance tools, then enable them again, it works fine, ONCE, I cant do this each time I want to press Repeat Section!

Anyone advice PLEASE!

Wild!  then what can it be!?  I can work around it by using the drop down menu, not a deal breaker! but whats causing it?

on 3 different computers!

2 on El Capitan 10.11.3

1 on El capitan 10.11.1

Baffled! 

all 3 computers work fine in Logic 10.3.1,   but crash EVERY time in Logic 10.3.2!

going from 10.11.3 (or 10.11.1) to 10.11.6 should only bring bug fixes, minor enhancements... nothing profound. the whole point of incremental updates is this (bug fixes, etc). backup your mac, then go for it.

You are right fisherking, it should only bring minor stuff, though I don't know how to back up my mac,  I don't want to use time machine for backing up my OS, I have heard reports of problems, and I don't understand how to reinstall the OS if I backed it up with time machine anyway!

When I upgrade Logic versions, I just compress and zip up the old version, easy, no time machine stuff, how can I do this with my OS?

Cheers again

Make sure you are not working from an old project or template. Maybe trash your preferences. Try a different user account on one computer. Try a fresh install of Logic.

Thanks maceasy

I have instaledl a fresh version of Logic on a 3rd computer, same problems,   I have never understood what "Trash your preferences" means to be honest!!?

thank you triplets

I use time machine every day to be honest, I just don't wanna risk upgrading to a new OS then have problems restoring it, all because of one issue with Logic, and what if my other DAW and interface are not compatible with the update? 

Thanks agin for the link, that may come in useful if I ever have no choice but to update OS!   at the moment its not a deal breaker, everything else is stable with my system.

I just don't wanna risk upgrading to a new OS then have problems restoring it, all because of one issue with Logic, and what if my other DAW and interface are not compatible with the update? 

Just get El Capitan to 10.11.6

No need for Sierra.

Did you have to reinstall anything when you upgraded to 10.11.6?   drivers or anything, or Pro Tools?

I use PT 11 and 12. Works for me.

Double check with the Avid website which version works in El Capitan.

Other than that double check, no need to reinstall anything

Thanks triplets,

tbh, the Logic 10.3.2 issues are so minor (at the moment) its not worth me taking a chance to update to El Capitan 10.11.6, I have 99% stability, 

I just checked with Avid, and Pro Tools 12.5 is not supported with El capitan 10.11.6, 10.11.6 is only supported by Pro Tools 12.8 or above on a statement.

But in the compatibility chart it seems to be supported! Avid site is so difficult!

• 3 weeks later...