Score Editor: CTRL Click on line break crashes Logic [FIXED]

KC

Working in the Score Editor, I noticed that if I create a user Line break, and then I CTRL click on the break it will crash Logic every time. Any one else have this issue?

I am not sure how to remove line breaks if it crashes each time.

Also, sometimes the icon is messy:

740806442_ScreenShot2017-12-06at11_02_03AM.jpg.c1d13ff4304c7181c900d1dccf838c7c.jpg

Thanks. I figured that part out.

It is strange though. If I select the eraser as my secondary tool, hold CTRL and move it by a line break, they all disappear without so much as a click. Another part of the bug?

Thanks for all your help. Really digging the score editor now that I am getting into it. Good riddance Sibelius.

Yes - that is a bug introduced in 10.3.2 as well.

The score editor is really powerful and my favorite part of Logic - and as you will see - am a huge proponent - so don't hesitate to ask any questions. Lot's of knowledgeable folks here.

Logic internally figures out and calculates the number of measures, spacing, etc - based on parameters in the global layout settings - plus some other items. In addition the user can over-ride the settings in various ways.... One way is to insert a line break - is to insert a ¶ from the part box or you can use the layout tool to move measures to the staff above or below. The locks mean you have locked out Logic's internal layout calculation for that staff. If you happen to also put a line break there as well - you will see what appears to be jiberish - but it is really just a lock superimposed over the line break symbol. This tells you that not only is there a fixed line break but some measures have also been moved manually.

One way is to insert a line break - is to insert a ¶ from the part box or you can use the layout tool to move measures to the staff above or below. The locks mean you have locked out Logic's internal layout calculation for that staff. If you happen to also put a line break there as well - you will see what appears to be jiberish - but it is really just a lock superimposed over the line break symbol. This tells you that not only is there a fixed line break but some measures have also been moved manually.

Just seen this - I never realised what that symbol was for .. or never thought of using it. Perhaps there is a way of make a 'template' for horn parts. In previous posts I have often bemoaned that fact that there is no way of saving say the Line Breaks of a Trumpet part in a Score Set. ie your conventional line breaks with a Layout Tool. They seem to disappear when you introduce a new instrument or Score Set of a different instrument.

Whereas what I am hoping to do is copy and paste say the Alto Sax notes into a blank copy of an existing Trumpet part (where the trumpet notes have been deleted) but preserve all the markings and chord symbols etc then just use a different Staff Style. This would work especially well when you have a bunch of horn parts all playing at the same time through most of the chart