Step Editor Display Update Quirks

Vim Doozy

The step editor seems to have problems updating its display to reflect notes placed on the piano roll when you first navigate to the step editor. The interface must be "prompted" to update its display by clicking in certain areas of the step editor, or by zooming.

Conversely, edits made in the step editor are immediately reflected in the piano roll when I navigate back to it.

Watch this video to see these quirks

The first quirk is having to select the left column of the step editor to prompt the note labels to appear. Then you'll see how the note deleted from the piano roll is not removed from the step editor until I click the background (and we see an unpleasant flash). Notice also the grid in the second lane disappears too, meaning I cannot draw steps within this lane, even though the lane has not been removed. Then you see that the second lane is completely removed when I vertical zoom. After a repeat of earlier quirks, you finally see that when I navigate back to the piano roll after removing a step, there is no issue: the note is no longer there.

Right at the end I added a new track before the step editor had been prompted to update its display, but I didn't get the result I was aiming for. Previously, the lingering display in the step editor carried over into the step editor of a region on another track.