Can't Get Snap Automation to Work

ojan327

Hi David, Thanks

I see what you're saying. However, what I'm trying to do is select a group of automation and option drag it to another location on the track and have it snap to the bar so it stays in time.

Same as David said, but now select this group and drag it with "Alt" key....

what I'm trying to do is select a group of automation and option drag it to another location on the track and have it snap to the bar so it stays in time.

I just gave it a try here and it seems quite buggy... it seems to attempt to snap, but not exactly on the bar. Weird. :shock:

Yes I'm struggling with it time to time ...

As I recall, it seems that we have to select the bunch of nodes with a wide zoom to move them in time .....

have to experiment to remind me .

It works if you click on the node instead of in between nodes:

Yes, that's a great workaround, thanks.

Sorry, unless I do something wrong, this don't work for me .

If I move a bunch of nodes with snap automation on Bar :

1.thumb.jpg.05e86de8ec05ea5fd1b4ef0f088dcfb4.jpg

It snap on the beginning of the second region (with is a copy of the first one )

Even if I select with the mouse on the first node.

2.thumb.jpg.fc8b40cad8b40f8a1165796e1ee7a967.jpg

I have to put put a node at the very beginning of a region, on a bar ....

Doing like this, the relative positions of the nodes are ok.

3.thumb.jpg.3b3cd655f06823cb1366500aee78b532.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.67177ddd55e420dea0079e78d1899c0e.jpg

Sorry guys, I still don't understand :/

Another exemple : one region with 3 Alt drag .

Automation on the first region.

Automation copy on the second one ( alt drag ) with the pointer on the first node and snap to 1/8 : OK

Automation copy on the second one ( alt drag ) with the pointer on the first node and snap to Bar : Not OK.

So what the use of snap Bar ?

Can you reproduce ?

32459483_SnapScreen.thumb.jpg.2bfa41dbe7aadec5ee80cfe028b2af39.jpg

So :

First I don't see what the the point with the offset since it's in Ticks.

Nothing to do with the snap thing right ?. It's a timing stuff in reading the automation or I'm wrong ?

I just saw that even with 1/8, the first duplicated node is right on a 1/8 note, although I have draw random .

What I want to have is just like copying region. You know, relative, a region the just not begin right on a bar and witch keep that position even I'm in bar snap ...

Snap automation is on 1/8 in this exemple

1634893460_Capturedcran2018-06-1114_15_50.thumb.jpg.b98bc5582076277352538016dd53a494.jpg

1460535462_Capturedcran2018-06-1114_16_04.thumb.jpg.7a6b6b7667223f8f2f29ac1c6a57bbe8.jpg

What I want to have is just like copying region. You know, relative, a region the just not begin right on a bar and witch keep that position even I'm in bar snap ...

There's no relative Snap for automation in Logic Pro, only absolute.

You could copy the region along with its automation, then remove the region if you don't need it....?

• 6 months later...

Is this the same thing, or different? Searching 'snap' or 'snap bug' returns a good bit of various issues over the years.... Anyway, WHY CAN'T I DROP THE NODE ON 75.1.1.1. here, but 4th before or after? So hard to a) make it snap to visible divisions? b) for Logic's algos to realize that an "even" (yeah, I know) number, ie. the first beat of bar would probably be more likely what I'd want if there was a choice between one or the other?

AND yeah, I can zoom in and get it snapping to 75, but it should do it here, and even more zoomed out, still anyway.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ql3hq3un9vfft38/Snap%20bug%201.mp4?dl=0