chord grid not working propperly

Jordi B

Hello,

I need to write some sheet music for ukelele, so I’ve created an instrument in the chord grid library, named it “ukelele”, tuned it G3 C3 E3 A3, set it to 4 strings and created in the chord grid editor the chords I need. Then when I use the chords grids in the score editor all works great except for the C chord. The C chord is very easy, only needs one finger in the third freet. But when I put it in the score it does not show as I wrote it in the chord grid editor, it looks as one finger in the second freet on second position, which equals third freet but in unintuitive way. Look at the picture.

It is not a problem with de capo setting, wich I’ve set to 0. May be is a little thing that I’ve missed but I can not solve the problem, and I need to send the the sheet music as soon as posible.

Any help would be so much appreciated,

669232618_chordproblem.png.2893394df5548bff9ce817585663b50e.png

Yes - something is messed up here regarding your library. The created chord grids come into the score with the 2nd fret position selected even though the chord was created with the 1st. This very well could be a bug or corruption. I will need more time and am unavailable right now. So when I can I will try to continue to debug this.

In the meantime - you may want to create a new library and try again from scratch and see if that helps.

I was able to reproduce your issue and could not find a solution or understanding as to why this is happening.

I used to use symlink to move the Logic Pro content to an external drive. Last week I upgraded Logic Pro to 10.4.2 and used the Logic tool to move the Logic content to my external drive. Since it seemed to me that my problem is a corruption or a bug as you say I've reinstalled MacOS Sierra and Logic Pro. Same thing, the bug is still there, is very annoying...

Thank you anyway, any other ideas will be appreciated

I have confirmed that this is a bug in 10.4.2 and does not occur in 10.4.1. or 10.2.4 ( which are two I tested). It is not a file corruption either because I created the Ukulele chord grid library in 10.4.2 and it was available ( globally) - in the previous version without alteration.

1/ So I dragged in the C chord grid in 10.2.4 and it came in perfect.

2/ same for 10.4.1

3/ for 10.4.2 - it comes in with the 2nd fret designator even though it is defined as 1st fret in the library.

• 9 months later...

Hello!

I don’t know if I’ll wait for an answer here, but I really need help from people who can play ukulele. I need to buy it for my best friend. Price - no more than $ 100

He is quite familiar with the instrument and would like to buy something that can be appreciated by a person who is already ready to play complex compositions for a large audience.

I started to practice playing the ukulele using your app! Thanks to your team!

But now I want to try playing a real instrument and choose the one that would suit a beginner. Maybe you can advise something?

Actually, I’ve already searched on the Internet myself. I watched various ratings, reviews, video reviews. I found some interesting articles with product ratings, for example here and here, but still, doubt it. I hope for your help.