Logic don't sees Electronic drum kits

noone

Hi everyone!

I have a problem: I have MacBook Air 2017, Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6, and Logic 10.4.6.

Also, I have installed all my sound on external HDD drive (because laptop capacity is only 128gb), which is formatted in ExFat (for convenience with Windows).

So, anytime I plug-in external HDD, starts Logic and choose one instrument from the Electronic Drum Kit -- it says "Some additional content is needed for this project. Do you want to download it now?"

I have re-downloaded this Ultrabeat Samples many times, without luck -- same message every time.

Although this problem is related to my Spotlight problem -- spotlight just reindexing again and again my HDD EVERY TIME I plug it in. And yes -- I always use "eject" before disconnecting.

And the thing is -- when spotlight indexed properly Logic folders on HDD, the Ultrabeat instruments works fine!

Please, help me with this f****ng spotlight -- I really don't know what to do, and I just can't reformat my HDD to HFS+, because there are 730+GB data on it! (also, inconvenient usage with Windows...)

I can provide logs if needed (logs of spotlight indexing, for ex.)

Thanks in advance! ;)

1638770709_ScreenShot2019-08-09at19_14_51.png.852e957f7e6063be68201933e074278d.png

Some additional content is needed for this project. Do you want to download it now

BUT -- everything else seems to work fine...

Maybe some parts don't work either, but acoustic drums, synthesizers and Alchemy works fine. On same external HDD with same ExFat format...

I just don't understand...

Also, I have JUST ONE external 2TB HDD, and special micro SD for MacBook Air cost twice the price of this HDD (this could be the variant, but maybe another solution?)

Well, here is workaround -- instead of moving library by Logic app (if you already done that -- then eject external HDD, launch Logic and click on "Reset" music library), move it manually and create Symlinks to the folders -- the old way of moving Logic library. So I left Ultrabeat on my laptop, and moved every other instruments to my external HDD

Here is guide to Symlinks:

https://www.logicprohelp.com/move-logics-additional-content-secondary-drive/

• 3 weeks later...
I have had the same issue. I have a 4TB external dedicated to sound libraries, and I'd already made sure it was formatted for Apple. It's not a Time Machine backup. I migrated the Logic Library, and only Ultrabeat didn't work (samples missing, although clearly in expected locations). I deleted, redownloaded, remigrated. Same thing.